Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It seems like the Bills have a plan tonight:

*  Work on their run game with the starters in the 1st half.  That two minute drill at the end was a bonus.

*  In the 2nd half you let Barkley work on the passing game.  Hell, Barkley though more then twice as many passes in the 3rd quarter as Allen through in the entire first half.  The reason you do this is that Barkley won't be seeing the field (hopefully) much after tonight and the Bills have some tough decisions to make at WR.  And having a pro like Barkley throwing the ball means the WR's get a fair chance to show what they got and the Bills coaches get a true read of who they should keep.

I like how McD and company are handling this preseason. 

Makes sense but it was still frustrating to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Are you watching this game? 4 Running backs is quite reasonable, and he's playing very well.

Not as a runner. And he doesn't offer anything on special teams. How many touches do 4th running backs get? They have to be special teams guys.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

WRs

- Beasley

- The Abolitionist

- Foster

- McKittrick

- The Duke

- Roberts

- Zay if they keep 7?

The Abolitionist is inspired, can't believe I missed it.  Chapeau to you sir.

Ray-Ray is like "Thanks for the hold, I'm trying to make the ***** team here".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fishgrappler said:

Does anyone feel like Barkley is legit? I want Josh Allen to be our an but Barkley is hard to ignore. He’s been consistently good.

His consistency has definitely been a pleasant surprise.  

He wouldn’t be the first QB who takes time to really develop, took Alex Smith forever to become a legit starter, and I could see Barkley having Alex Smith upside.

That being said, Josh has like, “goat” upside if it all comes together for him.  But peak Alex Smith wouldn’t be terrible if Josh went all Bortles in his development...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Reminds me of Orton.  Not a bad thing....

I don't think Barkley has the arm strength of Uncle Rico, but his anticipation and touch is fantastic. They both know how to read a defense and where to go with the ball. Good comparison.

This team has legit depth. It's showing (and why they're on their way to 3-0). Benefit of stability in the system(s), off season programs, and good talent acquisition. Really like what I'm seeing from this organization as a whole this whole off-season/pre-season. 

Good times ahead. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MJS said:

Not as a runner. And he doesn't offer anything on special teams. How many touches do 4th running backs get? They have to be special teams guys.

Actually MOST 4Th backs are inactive on Gameday

• Like (+1) 1