Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

Just now, Joe Miner said:

Love seems to have some penalty problems.

Yea, Love will catch on somewhere pretty easily. Same with Yaborough.  

That being said, Hughes is a stud, Lawson looks like the guy we thought we were drafting, Murphy is healthy and Johnson just oozes potential.  

Guys are getting cut because they’re just flat getting beat out, not because they’re not worthy of an NFL roster spot.  

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on the play calling, it sure seems like the coaches wanted to get a look at that OL in the run game (and Gore/Shady). Last week they led with the pass -- this week run. Preseason gonna preseason. But I take that as a sign the staff is confident in the passing game based on what they saw last week.

Now Barkley is getting to throw, likely to make sure they get a good look at the WR competition for those bottom few spots. 

Agree with this. What's sad though, is during those jauron years, that was our offensive scheme. So pathetic 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Mayfield was 10-26 tonight. Allen was 3-6 with some bad drive starts. Peterman was an all pro last night. What does this tell me about them?

Not a damn thing. 

Does Baker's play last real-season mean anything? His Heisman at a legit CFB program and carryover into the league? I'm not saying JA can't be better, but give me a break on this logic.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Mayfield was 10-26 tonight. Allen was 3-6 with some bad drive starts. Peterman was an all pro last night. What does this tell me about them?

Not a damn thing. 

Shows Peterman is a hall of fame Preseason QB.  But worst regular season QB. Preseason means nothing in a way. 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on the play calling, it sure seems like the coaches wanted to get a look at that OL in the run game (and Gore/Shady). Last week they led with the pass -- this week run. Preseason gonna preseason. But I take that as a sign the staff is confident in the passing game based on what they saw last week.

Now Barkley is getting to throw, likely to make sure they get a good look at the WR competition for those bottom few spots. 

I think they are also looking at Bates as the swing OT. 

• Like (+1) 1