Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on the play calling, it sure seems like the coaches wanted to get a look at that OL in the run game (and Gore/Shady). Last week they led with the pass -- this week run. Preseason gonna preseason. But I take that as a sign the staff is confident in the passing game based on what they saw last week.

Now Barkley is getting to throw, likely to make sure they get a good look at the WR competition for those bottom few spots. 

wut

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on the play calling, it sure seems like the coaches wanted to get a look at that OL in the run game (and Gore/Shady). Last week they led with the pass -- this week run. Preseason gonna preseason. But I take that as a sign the staff is confident in the passing game based on what they saw last week.

Now Barkley is getting to throw, likely to make sure they get a good look at the WR competition for those bottom few spots. 

Thats what I think, ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

it's almost like they weren't playing their offensive scheme at all and running the ball a whole lot. Strange that they said they were going to do that then actually did it. I don't understand why they wouldn't say that they were going to run a lot then go and so the opposite. Should have run their full blown gameplan for the Jets. 

The conventional wisdom is that the 3rd preseason game is the dress rehearsal game and that it's the most important of the exhibition games.  My sense is that this is changing.  Sure it's a game where your starters see the most time BUT I have a feeling that teams have caught on that this is NOT the game to show your opponents what you're going to do.

I bet that going into the 3rd game the idea is not to show anything about your opening game strategy.  Tonight was about getting the run blocking assignments right for the O-line & TE's.  It was about Allen getting his timing down on the hand offs and making run play audibles when necessary.

The ONLY time you saw a semblance of the Bills real offense was when they were backed up against their end zone and had an opportunity to execute a two minute offense. 

You know what?  if the injuries aren't serious tonight may actually have bee a decent outing for the team.  Penalties on the O-line were probably the biggest concern.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dayman said:

wut

They didn't even try to throw with the 1s much. Last week that wasn't the case and Josh and the passing game showed well. You only get a limited number of live action reps to test/tinker/get film on your schemes. Last week was pass first to gauge it, if they thought there were serious issues they'd have featured it more (imo of course, I'm not in the coaching room).