Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Good company.

Yeah they are a Partner Company we are bidding on a MOD effort together. They invited me into their Corporate Box for the Rugby Match. 

Did have to ask them what consists of Rugby Casual (dress code). 

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

What I don't understand is why they have to run different plays when they are backed up. I do not understand why everything opens up once they hit the 30 or so. It's not like Allen backs up 20 yards every play and couldn't run the same play from the 15. I truly don't understand. Is it some kind of unwritten rule?

It’s some kind of..... PRESEASON

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

What I don't understand is why they have to run different plays when they are backed up. I do not understand why everything opens up once they hit the 30 or so. It's not like Allen backs up 20 yards every play and couldn't run the same play from the 15. I truly don't understand. Is it some kind of unwritten rule?

Was that when they switched to the 2 minute because switching from that running scheme really opened things up.

Apocalypse averted.  The Bills are actually winning the game and end the half on a great 95 yard drive for a TD.

It was clear they were working on the run game.  Allen was rarely in the shotgun before that last drive.  Even more critical was that before the last drive the Bills DID NOT attempt a 1st down pass.  For Allen, tonight was about getting his timing down on his hand offs and making run audibles at the LOS. 

We should be encouraged that on the one series they took the handcuffs off and let Allen run a two minute offense they went right down the field for a score. 

On the other side it was clear Detroit was working on their passing game and Stafford had a nice half.  This is what preseason games are for.  I suspect that BOTH teams got some quality first team work on the things they wanted to tonight.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Same reason there have only been 6 pass plays. 

Maybe bad field position had little to do with that ? Or they don’t want to show anything in the preseason