Group Chat: Immediate Reactions

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Probably a product of the fake #1 ranked pass defense. We were so high last year because teams didn’t have to pass to beat us. Which is why our run defense was terrible last year. 

Im not saying the defense is bad. I think they look pretty good overall. But the thought that they were touted as the #2 ranked defense and best against the pass is a joke. When it mattered they could stop people from getting into the end zone 

#1 overall in yardage is arguable as not as meaningful.  

#2 pass really should not be dismissed.   The backfield is pretty damn good. 

49 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Mjs, I hear you, and it was very frustrating, but can we just admit that the goal of the night before even started was “work the run”?

i believe I am correct, but not 100% sure in saying that for the entire first half, even for the start of the 2 minute drill, that there was no series that began with a pass on first down, and no first down throw until less than 2 minutes.

I agree. I am not worried. But you have to imagine that the coaches aren't happy with the penalties. And we've had a lost fumble in all three games of the preseason.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why didn't Wade play?

We hiding him to stash him?

I want to see Duke Williams remain in a Bills uniform, and I don't think he clears wavers.

I think Wade goes to the PS . I think he will get play time in the 4th preseason game. 

I would want Duke Williams on the 53

My immediate reaction?  Josh Allen made one moronically stupid play and two poor throws.  It was obvious from the first snap that the goal was to experiment with the run game.  Mixed bag with the o-line, but to be expected given all the new role players.

Our defense very rarely (if at all) blitzed.  Very vanilla.  Expect to see so many more diverse looks from Frazier for week 1.  Tremaine Edmunds is a savage.  Going to be a star.

Special teams sucked.  Blocking on kick returns sucked.  Punt coverage was okay, but Corey B was wildly inconsistent.

My only really solid takeaways from this game is that Josh Allen needs to get in a rhythm to throw with consistent accuracy, our special teams units need work, and we need to bring in a punter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Was it clear though? Josh had 6 pass attempts for the HALF.

that can't be allowed to happen in an actual game. WAY too many first down runs.

Seemed like when they opened the playbook on the two minute drill, things looked a bunch better.

Dont want to show everything, just remember how bad we always looked the past 20 yrs in preseason . Tonight was great and it shows we can actually run the ball unlike last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My immediate reaction?  Josh Allen made one moronically stupid play and two poor throws.  It was obvious from the first snap that the goal was to experiment with the run game.  Mixed bag with the o-line, but to be expected given all the new role players.

Our defense very rarely (if at all) blitzed.  Very vanilla.  Expect to see so many more diverse looks from Frazier for week 1.  Tremaine Edmunds is a savage.  Going to be a star.

Special teams sucked.  Blocking on kick returns sucked.  Punt coverage was okay, but Corey B was wildly inconsistent.

My only really solid takeaways from this game is that Josh Allen needs to get in a rhythm to throw with consistent accuracy, our special teams units need work, and we need to bring in a punter.

It was stupid and Josh admitted making a rookie mistake.  

As to vanilla ... can we have a little chocolate thrown in?

First my how the Barkley lead offense went to the passing game.  

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yes , but isnt it better to let us create the posts than you run everything?

Hey bud.

The format was something Scott wanted to try out to try to eliminate LAMP game reviews.   

Apparently people are being a bit stubborn to try to see if the format works.  

Give it time.   It will work or it will go into the bit bucket.  

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hey bud.

The format was something Scott wanted to try out to try to eliminate LAMP game reviews.   

Apparently people are being a bit stubborn to try to see if the format works.  

Give it time.   It will work or it will go into the bit bucket.  

i guess, just seemed fine before. Turd posts get ignored anyway and if something of interest comes up it will get talked about.

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Was it clear though? Josh had 6 pass attempts for the HALF.

that can't be allowed to happen in an actual game. WAY too many first down runs.

Seemed like when they opened the playbook on the two minute drill, things looked a bunch better.

Dabol was keeping that playbook shut for the same reason Beli**** keps his mouth shut: the Bills were not about to give a national TV audience a whiff of what's cooking at OBD. Poker face playcalling is a GOOD thing in preseason, when the games don't count.