Group Chat: Immediate Reactions

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Definitely immature. I was hoping he’d grown out of that. I could see it happening.. No! No! Don’t do it!         damn..

It took my back to my Fitzy days. “WAIT! What are you thinking???” Then, it turned out good...... or bad, but it was ALWAYS entertaining! 

Today just shows you can’t get too high or too lo based off of preseason games. I still have no idea how this team will do when the regular season is upon us in just a couple of weeks. One can project  that the offense will be better than last year, but still below average overall. The defense may be in the upper third or so in some categories but not so strong in others. I’d probably take the over on the Vegas line of 6.5 wins, but not by a lot. A serious injury at a key spot could put this team at 6 wins or fewer. Talent wise, I’d bet they end up around 8-8. 

• Like (+1) 2

One of the things I couldn't help visualize is with the injuries seemingly piling up it felt like McDermott keeping his starters in was like this guy.

Also the dialogue from the other guy feels like it fits for the offense too.

Edited by Warcodered

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's been doing it since he started at Wyoming and we saw it last year.

If we see it this season again I have to wonder if that will ever stop.

I’m a big JA guy, but it’s one of those things where I don’t want you to tell me you won’t do it again.. Just don’t do it again. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m a big JA guy, but it’s one of those things where I don’t want you to tell me you won’t do it again.. Just don’t do it again. 

Progress is not perfection. Let’s keep hoping for progress. 

• Like (+1) 1

After watching #1 Ed Oliver in this game it's obvious he isn't ready to be an NFL starter.  Getting pancaked twice one-on-one while trying to penetrate the the Lion's O-Line isn't only embarrassing  but shows a lack of ability at the NFL level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I like Allen but I wonder if he's ever going to stop those Fitzesque idiotic INTs he's been making since his days at Wyoming. 

I don't think he'll ever stop completely.

It's just part of that "hero ball" mentality that will always be there. And it's either going to make him great or terrible.

Let's just hope we see, at most, 1 or 2 a season.

Allen’s going to make those forced mistakes from time to time... The key is trying to limit them right now.  I just like to think of them as more “Favre-Esque” than “Fitz-ish.” Because like Favre he will eventually make enough great plays that they kinda cancel out the mistakes that come with being a “gun slinger”...

Tonight was a bad one, I believe Josh won’t let himself forget that he can’t do that *****, and he will learn from it... He will learn, I just think it’s hard when you are THAT physically gifted, to concede the play to the defense and move on to the next, but he’ll get it.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

I know we're all bills fans here but I'm not 110% on the 'our starters beat their starters' train. First of all, I don't think Detroit played stafford in their last possession of the half, did they?

Also, at the point JA ran his 2 minute drill (Which was after Stafford was benched) was the entire Detroit Lions first string defense still out there? Maybe.. I am not certain. But even so, it was a shaky first half and at best I'd call it even but given the field positions we found our selves in and the turn overs I see it hard to mark it as a 'win' even for my optimistic side.

Still, I'm not too down about it, our game plan of run run pass was bad and that contributed to at a lot of it.

Edited by BillsFan692

The Allen pick wasn't good but I think his numbers look much better if Beasley doesn't fumble the ball.  Allen only had six throws and one thing that has become clear to me is that he gets better as the game progresses.   Without the fumble I bet he would've had a decent drive. 

McCoy looks like his old self which is awesome and I'm glad Gore came back in after the hit because it looked bad at first.

Duke just makes plays and they need to get him on the team.  

Edited by DallasMac
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think he'll ever stop completely.

It's just part of that "hero ball" mentality that will always be there. And it's either going to make him great or terrible.

Let's just hope we see, at most, 1 or 2 a season.

The way I see it.. there are 2 possible end game strategies for Josh: 

1)  try to force him to become an efficient passer that takes less risks and runs less.  i.e. a Ben Roethlisberger type 

2)  a player that runs and passes very aggressively.  I'm not sure who would be the best comparison for this type of player.  Maybe somewhere in between Mahomes and Cam Newton?  

there are things he can do that no other QB can.  if you actively try to coach it out of him, he might not be able to make use of his biggest advantage:  his physical gifts.  it's kind of a fine line to walk because you want to play to his strengths, but you don't want costly turnovers.

In case 1, you would want him coax him out of that sort of thing, whereas in case 2 you would want him to learn what he can get away with and what he can't (i.e. when to make that cross body throw that almost no one else in the league would even attempt) and maybe even help him develop these talents so that he is more efficient using them.  

how the coaching staff proceeds with him is going to be interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why didn't Wade play?

We hiding him to stash him?

I want to see Duke Williams remain in a Bills uniform, and I don't think he clears wavers.

Duke & Yeldon have to be considered. Everyone claims Ray Ray has improved, but he's still dropping balls.