Group Chat: Your Game MVP & Why

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Barkley probably 2nd to Daniel Jones for preseason MVP if there were such a thing.  Season rests on Allen but nice to have a solid backup who can win you a few games.  

I doubt Barkley would win you more then 1 game... If that. Preseason makes bad players look good.

Edited by Boca BIlls

8 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Edmunds kicked ass.Nobody mentioned Big Ed tho. Look at the game tape. He was a force.on one drive he drew a false start. The very next play he made the tackle on a screen 6 yards downfield. He's got the juice. Had a heck of a day

Be warned, sagacious @The Bills Blog disagrees emphatically..

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sorry, but how can a WR who had 15 yards of offense be the "MVP" of the game? I guess nothing screams MVP like achieving 4.2% of the total offense for your team. Duke made a good 16 yard catch against a smaller defender, that's all he did(Besides lose 1 yard on his other 2 catches) for whole the night. Barkley/Edmunds were the offensive & defensive MVPs. Barkley accounted for most of our passing yards, was 12 of 14 passing, averaged 10.1 yards a pass & threw our only passing TD. Edmunds led all players on both teams with 8 tackles and had a TFL.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

11 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Edmunds kicked ass.Nobody mentioned Big Ed tho. Look at the game tape. He was a force.on one drive he drew a false start. The very next play he made the tackle on a screen 6 yards downfield. He's got the juice. Had a heck of a day

I focused on Ed every play he was out there. He wasn’t getting pushed around but he also wasn’t beating his man. He needs to work on his hand usage and pass rush moves. He tries to bull rush almost every play(it’s not a bad bull rush) and if that doesn’t work he’s stuck so he gets his hands up. Also needs to work on tackling. He should have a sack or two and a few TFLS. But they break his arm tackles with ease. 

Hes hasn’t been bad but he’s not great either. He has a lot to work on

36 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I focused on Ed every play he was out there. He wasn’t getting pushed around but he also wasn’t beating his man. He needs to work on his hand usage and pass rush moves. He tries to bull rush almost every play(it’s not a bad bull rush) and if that doesn’t work he’s stuck so he gets his hands up. Also needs to work on tackling. He should have a sack or two and a few TFLS. But they break his arm tackles with ease. 

Hes hasn’t been bad but he’s not great either. He has a lot to work on

I agree he needs to get better, and I think he will in time once he learns a few more moves. I don't think he's been a disappointment at all. And I think he's gotten better over every game so far, but for sure he has room to improve. He certainly don't look out of place, or in over his head. that's my opinion, anyway

I’m not saying he was, but may I am going to give just a little shout out to Shaq Lawson.

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’d have to give the MVP to duke. Haven’t seen a buffalo bill make a contested catch like that in years and it’s been incredibly frustrating watching other teams making catches like that routinely. He gets my MVP since he probably won himself a job with that catch and the rest of a complete game for him

Tremendous observation, Rc2.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Really like how Barkley's been playing. He's poised in the pocket, accurate, and clearly his teammates have faith in him running the offense. Duke Williams stood out as well. Not only made the big TD catch but also threw a great block to spring McKenzie for his TD. 

I also like that all three of the running backs had big gains. Gore trucked one, Shady got loose, and Singletary showed great patience and vision on his TD run. Cody Ford also mauled his guy on that play. 

I think TJ Yeldon might've earned a roster spot. He's had a couple decent carries and he consistently gets loose over the middle in the passing game. The sideline catch he hauled in was nice. What I also loved on that play was seeing guys like Feliciano and Dion rooting him on. People can bag on the culture thing or whatever but they've got a team that truly wants to play for one another and see everyone succeed. I love that. 

• Like (+1) 1