How long will Josh Allen play tonight at Detroit?

How long will Josh Allen play tonight at Detroit?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Josh Allen play tonight at Detroit?

• 1st half, plus first drive in 3rd quarter
    • 1st half only
    • Into the 2nd quarter
    • 1st quarter only
    • 1st drive only
    • Will not play
    • First 3 quarters
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2019 at 06:59 AM

The Bills have traditionally played the starting QB into the third quarter of pre-season game 3. But the tendency now in the NFL is to protect your starters from injury. At the same time, Josh is young and still needs to sync with his offense, especially since the OL and some receivers are new. Therefore, I predict he will play the entire first half tonight only.

Edited by from_dunkirk

First half only. 

Nick Foles made a good point last night. Preseason is important for figuring out your identity. You're in live action against a real opponent, but without any impact on the W-L columns.

This is where you get to figure out what actually works and what doesn't. Something that might seem perfect in practice actually sucks in live action (and vice versa).

With a lot of new players on the offense, the Bills have plenty to figure out before the season starts. I think it's more important that Josh figures it out, rather than worrying about potential injuries.

• Like (+1) 3

My guess is they are planning on the starters playing the first half. However if Josh looks comfortable and sharp and leads multiple scoring drives, then they may play it safe and pull him before halftime. 

So I chose into the 2nd quarter, because I believe he will look good again tonight. Hopefully, he throws a TD too. And if he does I kinda want it to be to Zay (in spectacular fashion), just for this board's reaction ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

1st quarter tops....If Beasley even plays 1 down, they should all be fired

Next week will be the week for guys to sit. If Josh is playing, he should have Beasley available to throw to for the most part. 

Save “Fire Everybody” for later.  That’s generally reserved for a single loss in regular season.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I voted other.  Long enough for everyone to bicker about how he played for a few days. 

Right almost long enough playing well to silence his haters or just long enough to despite playing well for most of it to have one bad play at the end that gives critics room to say "ya see."

• Like (+1) 1

I think he'll play the entire first half. Only scenario I can envision that would change that is if he puts up 2 or 3 early TD's. Maybe they pull him BEFORE the half. I could also theoretically see him playing a series in the third quarter if things don't go well in the first half. We'll find out soon enough.

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

hopefully long enough for me to win my 1st half bet Bills giving 3 points.    

eeeeeasy money.

I hope you win, but saying "eeeeasy money" is really tempting fate. Bad juju my friend.

• Like (+1) 1