Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

36 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

And you want to take the country back to 1950s, where the preacher's fire and brimstone ran the town, with a commie on every corner, when McCarthy was boss, where black lives and women's rights didn't matter, long before Roe v Wade and before your mom's Mac and cheese was invented.

I don’t want to live in the world you speak of!!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

And you want to take the country back to 1950s, where the preacher's fire and brimstone ran the town, with a commie on every corner, when McCarthy was boss, where black lives and women's rights didn't matter, long before Roe v Wade and before your mom's Mac and cheese was invented.

You had your way for 50 years. We tried the lefts way and it's been a disaster...Your counter culture has brought the country on the brink. We now have drag queens teaching our CHILDREN and Netflix advocating pedophile behavior. This marxist postmodernism bs is way beyond civil rights...We're done dude. 

A culture shift back to pre Kennedy is exactly what we want. You've destroyed the family

We want economic nationalism,  strong nuclear families , and we want God and christianity to be an integral part of our culture. Trump and the Republicans are going to win in overwhelmingly numbers because the left has lost all sanity

We don't want freaks running the country 

Edited by AirAllenPower
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

THE OLD-FASHIONED Ruth Bader Ginsburg: 

“She could fight with the best of them—but I never heard or saw or even intimated anything other than respect and even, often, affection for her adversaries in these battles.

No snide remarks, no nasty innuendoes, none of that. She valued civility and collegiality very, very highly.”

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Capco said:

No, I think it's credible because experts in the relevant field believe it's credible:  

Not only that, but you could also see her expertise throughout her comments. She was very brave and a role model for all survivors.

If anything, the only reason you think she's not credible is because you don't want her to be.  

My guess is you are a female. A male can sympathize with Kavanaugh's position of having to defend against some accusations made after many years by someone without corroboration who can not name where. Her politics align to the left as well. Conveniently she comes forward at confirmation hearings. A male could envision himself in such a horrible position, while a female is wired to  envision herself in Ford's position. To a male it looks like a hit job with a pay day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Niagara said:

My guess is you are a female. A male can sympathize with Kavanaugh's position of having to defend against some accusations made after many years by someone without corroboration who can not name where. Her politics align to the left as well. Conveniently she comes forward at confirmation hearings. A male could envision himself in such a horrible position, while a female is wired to  envision herself in Ford's position. To a male it looks like a hit job with a pay day.

So can a female.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE OLD-FASHIONED Ruth Bader Ginsburg: 

""Most of what I know about writing I learned from her.  The rules are actually pretty simple:  Every word matters.  Don't make the simple complicated, make the complicated as simple as it can be (but not simpler!). You're not finished when you can't think of anything more to add to your document; you're finished when you can't think of anything more that you can remove from it. She enforced these principles with a combination of a ferocious—almost a terrifying—editorial pen, and enough judicious praise sprinkled about to let you know that she was appreciating your efforts, if not always your end-product. And one more rule: While you're at it, make it sing. At least a little; legal prose is not epic poetry or the stuff of operatic librettos, but a well-crafted paragraph can help carry the reader along, and is always a thing of real beauty."

I am now curious to read some of her writing. She never impressed me with her original thought.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So can a female.

Of course some females, but Capco is so convinced by Ford, and blind to Kavanaugh's position, my thinking is such thinking can only reasonably be held by a female channeling some personal fears and my guess is Capco is a she.

Edited by Niagara

10 hours ago, AirAllenPower said:

The Democrat establishment will be all bark but will talk with McConnell behind the scenes on a handshake agreement... 

Republicans wont touch x,y,z and in return the right gets another SCOTUS. I'd imagine Republicans would leave abortion alone... 

Yep. They're all spineless liars on the issue of infanticide and our country will pay for that, long term.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If I read her 'dying wish' correctly she wants us to wait potentially over 4 years to replace her. She was smarter than that.

It also said she wants us to wait until a new president is “installed” as if we’re some tinpot dictator led  banana republic. Agree or disagree with her politics, no one ever accused RBG of being sloppy with language. If she said installed instead of elected, it was intentional. The only logical conclusions that can therefore be drawn from that verbiage are that she wants our system of government overthrown, so her final wishes should be ignored, or she never actually said it, so it should be ignored. 

• Like (+1) 4

...two very accomplished FEMALE candidates on his short list......a couple of interesting tidbits from their backgrounds....Lagoa is a Cuban-American who was the first Hispanic to serve as a Justice on the Supreme Court of Florida......Barrett is a mother of seven children, two of which are adopted Haitians.....can't wait for the MSM to spin this into unacceptable and unqualified......

Trump's Supreme Court court pick likely to be Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa: reports

Both women are conservative Roman Catholics

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Two names have been emerging from the list of Supreme Court contenders President Trump is said to be considering following the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, according to reports.

Judges Amy Coney Barrett in Chicago and Barbara Lagoa in Atlanta are said to top the list.

Trump told a North Carolina rally crowd Saturday night that he intended to nominate a woman to succeed Ginsburg, who died Friday at age 87 after a battle with pancreatic cancer.

"It will be a woman -- a very talented, very brilliant woman," Trump said of his potential choice. "I think it should be a woman. I actually like women much more than I like men.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-supreme-court-court-pick-likely-to-be-amy-coney-barrett-or-barbara-lagoa-reports