Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

William Barr as his pick? He will want a loyal person there as he tries and steal the election,   Trump would never wait until a lame duck session for this, you are insane and stupid if you think otherwise. He will want a loyal Trump judge on top of everything 

And it explains Barrs recent over the top, media attention grabbing, comments that Trump obviously saw 

Why? 

Seriously...   You good?

Worried about your well-being.   

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

William Barr as his pick? He will want a loyal person there as he tries and steal the election,   Trump would never wait until a lame duck session for this, you are insane and stupid if you think otherwise. He will want a loyal Trump judge on top of everything 

And it explains Barrs recent over the top, media attention grabbing, comments that Trump obviously saw 

13 minutes ago, DFT said:

Amy B.  Bank on it!

That’s politically smart, but Trump has personal motives. I mean if it’s Amy, fine, just confirm her. The Confirmstion hearings before the election will be great. Focus the people on what is at stake. 

I see this whole situation as a big win  for Democrats. But who knows which way the political winds will blow. Just my opinion 

• Like (+1) 1

I am so incredibly saddened on this night.  Justice Ginsburg was a huge inspiration for me to attend law school.  

I am not super worried about the nomination getting passed.  Collins, Murkowski, and Romney are all but guaranteed to vote no on any nominee.  That leaves the following senators as the potential 4th vote, all of whom are facing elections this cycle:

Corey Gardner (Colorado) 
Joni Ernst (Iowa) 
Thom Tillis (North Carolina) 

Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)

With the following quote in mind, I think Graham is a likely 4th vote, but I can see others as well if word gets out that the nomination will falter.  

"If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination, and you can use my words against me and you’d be absolutely right.  We are setting a precedent here today."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

I am so incredibly saddened on this night.  Justice Ginsburg was a huge inspiration for me to attend law school.  

I am not super worried about the nomination getting passed.  Collins, Murkowski, and Romney are all but guaranteed to vote no on any nominee.  That leaves the following senators as the potential 4th vote, all of whom are facing elections this cycle:

Corey Gardner (Colorado) 
Joni Ernst (Iowa) 
Thom Tillis (North Carolina) 

Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)

With the following quote in mind, I think Graham is a likely 4th vote, but I can see others as well if word gets out that the nomination will falter.  

"If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination, and you can use my words against me and you’d be absolutely right.  We are setting a precedent here today."

Romney hasn't commented yet.  Murkowski and Collins aren't guarantees but are likely to vote no.  Graham (would be hypocritical for him not to play his role as a hypocrite), Tillis, and Ernst are likely yes's.  My guess is Murkowski, Gardner, and Collins are the only no votes and Pence casts the tie breaker.  It will pass.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

And with her passing begins Act IV of this shitshow year.

Act I Impeachment 

Act II Pandemic Shutdown

Act III Violent Insurrection 

Act IV Constitutional Crisis

RIP Justice Ginsburg. Though your passing brings none of that to America.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That’s politically smart, but Trump has personal motives. I mean if it’s Amy, fine, just confirm her. The Confirmstion hearings before the election will be great. Focus the people on what is at stake. 

I see this whole situation as a big win  for Democrats. But who knows which way the political winds will blow. Just my opinion 

who says there are going to be confirmation hearings?