Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I would LOVE to see it, but the old bat from Alaska already said no, Collins would be too afraid, and Romney is an #######. Doubt it goes through prior to Election Day, but Mitch does love judge-stuffing, so who knows. 

I haven't paid much attention but what are the odds of a Senate flip?  Even if Trump wins, he won't get a single court appointment for the next four years if he loses the Senate.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I haven't paid much attention but what are the odds of a Senate flip?  Even if Trump wins, he won't get a single court appointment for the next four years if he loses the Senate.

Hence my point on nominating now, even if not voting until after the election.

As far as a flip? I do not know. The Rs will pick up AL, maybe MI. The Ds will probably pick up Maine with AZ and CO strong possibilities.  There are a couple more each side could pick up, but 🤷‍♀️ who has the coattails? Trump or Biden?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I’m ok with this. The more corrupt you are now gives us power later to do much worse to your side later. 

Remember, it was Dingy Harry that did away with the judicial filibuster, NOT the Republicans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I’m ok with this. The more corrupt you are now gives us power later to do much worse to your side later. 

The hilarious irony is how you fail to understand how the last four year is the 'worse' for the corruption of the prior 8.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

The hilarious irony is how you fail to understand how the last four year is the 'worse' for the corruption of the prior 8.

In your diseased mind maybe. The senate sabotaging democratic government in the Senate for years was a disgrace. We will work on packing the Senate, too. Then pack the court. Supreme Court reform is needed. Yes! 

Two new states, too :) 

18 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I think nominating and voting on a replacement just 45 days before the election is a very bad idea.  First, the precedent has been made.

Someone can feel free to correct me, but I believe the precedent for decades has been that a president in the last year of his first term with a majority in the Senate can absolutely nominate and move that nomination forward.

It's more imperative than ever, actually, because the left has made NO bones about the legal steps they plan to take to fight this election. It will no doubt end up at SCOTUS. There is no way you can know this and think the play here is to keep the courts at 4-4. 

And let's be honest. Trump could name a national holiday for RBG and the left would throw a schittfit. Any gesture of goodwill...any gesture at all...on his behalf would be quickly pissed on by the left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In your diseased mind maybe. The senate sabotaging democratic government in the Senate for years was a disgrace. We will work on packing the Senate, too. Then pack the court. Supreme Court reform is needed. Yes! 

Two new states, too :) 

can i get a 57?

Heinz 57?? 

Edited by Foxx