Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Yes, things are going to get very nasty now.

They really will. I thought they already were going to get nuts, but now it'll just be gross (imo) from all sides because all sides have to do it based solely on the calendar. Thankfully the Bills are playing well and the season is in full swing, at least there will be something to escape into. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I did not agree with her very often. 

I was hoping that we could honor her long career before starting in with the politics,

but that (sadly) won’t happen 

both sides are already circling 

😡

She made it political, though, with her final statement. It can't not be political now.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They really will. I thought they already were going to get nuts, but now it'll just be gross (imo) from all sides because all sides have to do it based solely on the calendar. Thankfully the Bills are playing well and the season is in full swing, at least there will be something to escape into. :beer: 

Like I said -- the Kavanaugh hearing will be a Hallmark Channel movie compared to what's coming.

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes, thank goodness for that, and we do have college football as well.

If only we could get movie theatres up an running again with new releases. I miss my movies!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

She made it political, though, with her final statement. It can't not be political now.

Like I said -- the Kavanaugh hearing will be a Hallmark Channel movie compared to what's coming.

You are right on both points.

If Trump is re-elected and he makes his next supreme court pick, the left will howl. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think nominating and voting on a replacement just 45 days before the election is a very bad idea.  First, the precedent has been made.  It makes Republicans look REALLY bad of they push for a nomination.

I have always stated that the blocking of Obama's nomination was a bad idea and a Republican nomination will infuriate democrats and independents and even many centrist Republicans like myself.

Put the flags and half mast for a week and focus on the issues. 

I think Trump would win a lot of hearts and minds if he publicly states that he would not submit a nomination until after the election results are determined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Nah vote before. To hell with the Democratic party.

I would LOVE to see it, but the old bat from Alaska already said no, Collins would be too afraid, and Romney is an #######. Doubt it goes through prior to Election Day, but Mitch does love judge-stuffing, so who knows. 

• Like (+1) 2