Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

Rest In Peace Justice Ginsberg 

• John 11:25-26
    Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Joe Miner said:

I think that’s a given.

No way Trump doesn’t know she’s about to die.

I think it's likely. Biden likely knew too -- and now he'll have to release his own list (which he's been reluctant to do because it'll cause problems in his fractured party between moderates and progressives). This will have a huge impact on the House and Senate races too as turnout should go way up in all those races. Swing state dems, as an example, have to be nervous as hell right now. 

Just now, B-Man said:

I did not agree with her very often. 

I was hoping that we could honor her long career before starting in with the politics,

but that (sadly) won’t happen 

both sides are already circling 

😡

They are -- though to be fair, it's 45 days out from the election. This is a morbid gift to both parties in terms of driving up turnout. They (both sides) have to hit it hard -- which, unfortunately, will make the discourse/rhetoric all the more dangerous.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think it's likely. Biden likely knew too -- and now he'll have to release his own list (which he's been reluctant to do because it'll cause problems in his fractured party between moderates and progressives). This will have a huge impact on the House and Senate races too as turnout should go way up in all those races. Swing state dems, as an example, have to be nervous as hell right now. 

I think that, only if the election hinges on a replacement. But I really expect McConnell to vote on a Trump nomination perhaps even before the election. That Biden rule of no vote in an election year arguably only applies if opposite parties hold the Senate and Presidency. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Cinga said:

I think that, only if the election hinges on a replacement. But I really expect McConnell to vote on a Trump nomination perhaps even before the election. That Biden rule of no vote in an election year arguably only applies if opposite parties hold the Senate and Presidency. 

People seem to be thinking that's how it'll happen, to avoid a 4-4 tie in the court on any ruling of the upcoming election... it's a compelling argument. Senate has 13 days left on its calendar and a lot of seats are up for re-election. So, there's not much time, but the stakes are VERY high for all. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They are -- though to be fair, it's 45 days out from the election. This is a morbid gift to both parties in terms of driving up turnout. They (both sides) have to hit it hard -- which, unfortunately, will make the discourse/rhetoric all the more dangerous.  

Yes, things are going to get very nasty now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1