Pre season games are going nowhere.

You younger guys don't know how easy we have it these days. There used to be 6 preseason games and only 14 reg season games. That was murder to sit through all those meaningless games especially when season-ending injuries happened.

Personally I think the starters should see at least some game action. Wait until weeks 1 & 2 of the regular season and look at the injury reports. You see a lot of bad things happen because some of these guys are just not in game shape.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

In my mind, I read the topic title in Terry Pegula’s voice

(If I want to make money I can go drill another well)

Wonder if he wakes up saying that like Orson Welles did with "Rosebud" in Citizen Kane ?

Edited by I am the egg man

I think an 18 game season will happen. With a roster increase to maybe 56 or something like that, a minimum guarantee % on contracts and a second bye week. So a 20 week regular season and teams have 2 byes. Might not quite get there on this next CBA but its coming. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think an 18 game season will happen. With a roster increase to maybe 56 or something like that, a minimum guarantee % on contracts and a second bye week. So a 20 week regular season and teams have 2 byes. Might not quite get there on this next CBA but its coming. 

Interesting. Never thought of a second bye week, but I can envision all of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

All the things I want changed, the NFL won't do. So he's my list anyway.

•Make it two preseason games and have two scrimmages as well. That is plenty to know who makes the roster.

•Get rid of Thursday night football. They are diluting the product. That includes the opening season kickoff game. Keep it Sundays and Monday night only.

•Get rid of the Hall of Fame game. It blows!!

•Keep it at 16 games

•Wish the league would have the Superbowl the following week after the AFC and NFC Championship Games. I don't like the extra week wait but I know they throw the PRO BOWL in between it. Whatever!

Thanks for listening. GO BILLS!!

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The NFL had two bye weeks in 1993. 

I don’t recall that at all! Just for one year? That was the year we moved from Hilton Head , SC to Sarasota, FL in August, so I may have let a lot slide by that season. 

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t understand how you wouldn’t like them better that way.  You don’t put cucumbers on burgers.

How about pizza?  Both Kramer and Poppie had some strong and differing opinions regarding that.

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

I remember the 6 preseason 14 regular season game schedule....that was brutal

Including the annual slog down the I-90 to the original Cleveland Browns.