Per Bills LB coach Bob Babich, Bills keeping “6 LBs”

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not 7 as some predict. 

If you read through all the postings here, you'll find one in favor of keeping 7 LB's, another for 9 Def lineman, another for 6 to 7 WR, another recommending 10 O-lineman, one for 5 TE, and another for 5 RB

Some posters won't be very happy next week!

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If you read through all the postings here, you'll find one in favor of keeping 7 LB's, another for 9 Def lineman, another for 6 to 7 WR, another recommending 10 O-lineman, one for 5 TE, and another for 5 RB

Some posters won't be very happy next week!

Yea the reality is the normal balance is: 

2 QB

4 RB (including a FB)

6 WR

3 TE

9 OL

- - - - -

8 DL

6 LB

10 DB

- - - - -

3 ST

That gets you to 51. Which leaves you 2 wildcards. Now does a team sometimes go light at a position to allow themselves to keep an extra man somewhere else? Yep. But they are not going to deviate by more than a spot or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Zo

Milano

Edmunds

Thompson

Think those 4 are all but in. Mo Alexander I think has a leg up because he plays teams. So then it comes down to Lacey, Stanford and Joseph for one spot. 

To me, Stanford will be gone. While he has a good understanding of his role in the game, he isn't near as athletic as Lacey or Joseph. Lacey should stick, as he plays teams as well. But trying to stash Joseph on the PS could be a bad move IMO. We don't even need to look around the entire league, just our own division, to see there could be a suitor for him immediately. Tough call, but a relished decision looming, as any year prior to last, any of these guys could have started for this squad. Losing good players=getting better

21 minutes ago, StHustle said:

They are keeping 7 WR

Brown
Measly 

Zay
Foster
Roberts

McKenzie

RayRay

Ras Ray hasn't outperformed Mckenzie, or even Duke

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

6LBs of what? This doesn't sound good....

Most human heads weigh 8 lbs...

I'm trying for the most irrelevant post of the day award?

Edited by BuffAlone

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the reality is the normal balance is: 

2 QB

4 RB (including a FB)

6 WR

3 TE

9 OL

- - - - -

8 DL

6 LB

10 DB

- - - - -

3 ST

That gets you to 51. Which leaves you 2 wildcards. Now does a team sometimes go light at a position to allow themselves to keep an extra man somewhere else? Yep. But they are not going to deviate by more than a spot or two. 

I do think there will be 9 DL unless they decide to cut Love or Harrison the DT.  Doubt they can go light on the O-line either with Morse still being out.  Can see them adding one more RB too in Perry for ST play. Or they shock everyone and cut DeMarco (which would make many here happy)  Adding the DL and RB with your numbers would get them to 53.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I do think there will be 9 DL unless they decide to cut Love or Harrison the DT.  Doubt they can go light on the O-line either with Morse still being out.  Can see them adding one more RB too in Perry for ST play. Or they shock everyone and cut DeMarco (which would make many here happy)  Adding the DL and RB with your numbers would get them to 53.

DiMarco is making the roster. 

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I don't think they're keeping both McKenzie and Ray Ray my bet is McKenzie and Duke Williams

I would love to see them keep Duke. The next 2 games will tell alot. I do agree with McKenzie over RayRay tho. McKenzie is the better playmaker. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I pretty much agree. Might be a toss up between Joseph & Lacey..

Not only was Joseph a draft pick, but his upside is too good to ignore. It is only the preseason, and now the Bills will have a better idea of how to progress with his development. Right now he would be an excellent ST's demon.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I would love to see them keep Duke. The next 2 games will tell alot. I do agree with McKenzie over RayRay tho. McKenzie is the better playmaker. 

I would, too. But, I think there is a very slim chance they keep seven WRs.