CFB Week Zero is here! Florida at The U 8/24

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

So may big plays negated or created from penalties or because of penalties. If this is football,  then I'm not a fan. 

Yes, there were a lot of penalties.

The thing is, a lot of those penalties were correctly called.

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Good thing the nFL calls PI as a spot foul or every time a WR broke away he’s be handled for 15 yards only

The NFL should adopt the ruling as a 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul.

NFL defenses are handicapped enough already.

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, there were a lot of penalties.

The thing is, a lot of those penalties were correctly called.

The NFL should adopt the ruling as a 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul.

NFL defenses are handicapped enough already.

practically any starting QB in the NFL can routinely complete a pass to a competent WR 45 plus yards downfield on any play.

if you go to a game watch their arm capacities during warm up, Favre was throwing casually to EZ from the far 40 yard line....

barely 10% of college QBs can do this 20 yards on a given play, most are useless or running an option because they can't throw the ball

both orgs chose very wisely, but i wish a spot foul was called in college for a pass that was catchable more than 15 yards downfield

didn't that feel great with 3 straight deliberate PI fouls on the D because they knew it was only 15 instead of a TD every single time?

***** that!

Edited by row_33

56 minutes ago, row_33 said:

practically any starting QB in the NFL can routinely complete a pass to a competent WR 45 plus yards downfield on any play.

if you go to a game watch their arm capacities during warm up, Favre was throwing casually to EZ from the far 40 yard line....

barely 10% of college QBs can do this 20 yards on a given play, most are useless or running an option because they can't throw the ball

both orgs chose very wisely, but i wish a spot foul was called in college for a pass that was catchable more than 15 yards downfield

didn't that feel great with 3 straight deliberate PI fouls on the D because they knew it was only 15 instead of a TD every single time?

***** that!

So.....you don't like my suggestion?

Those penalties did not look deliberate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.