The Athletic: Who has impressed during Bills TC? 15 Bills players answer the question

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Who were listed as the 15? Don't have the subscription.  

He interviewed Micah Hyde, Cody Ford, Jerry Hughes, Tre white, cole Beasley, Matt Barkley, Shaq Lawson, John brown, poyer, Dion Dawkins, Star, Harrison Phillips, Darryl Johnson, pat DiMarco, Taron Johnson 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Love the Tre White comment on Ray Ray - He is a full 360 degrees better than last year - LOL.

Even the comments afterwards were funny.

Great Article - fun to hear who the players are seeing as improved.

Haha! LSU education (kidding). It’s 180 degrees, Tre.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I loved this. You can tell there is just something different about this group. I hope it translates to wins.

Shaq's comments on Ty were great.

No. 77. Ty (Nsekhe). Beast. Beast. He’s a beast. You have to bring it every time you play him...He’s a quiet guy, but you know, quiet guys be the crazy ones...that boy right there is a beast, for real.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

I loved this. You can tell there is just something different about this group. I hope it translates to wins.

Shaq's comments on Ty were great.

No. 77. Ty (Nsekhe). Beast. Beast. He’s a beast. You have to bring it every time you play him...He’s a quiet guy, but you know, quiet guys be the crazy ones...that boy right there is a beast, for real.

“Quiet guys be the crazy ones” ?

• Like (+1) 1

I like this quote by Barkley -

.....I think Cody Ford. You want that grit that he has in the trenches. It has started to change the culture of that line. Dion is that type of guy, but there’s some bad daddies up there.

And this one by Dion -

I mean, honestly, this entire team. It’s a full 360 bond. Everybody came to play this year. Everyone came in with a chip on their shoulder. Our younger guys are acting like older guys and they’re just balling. It feels good. The young guys are just playing with a hunger and a different type of swagger that we haven’t seen. I’m truly grateful to see it. These dudes are going. The faster that we can grow, the closer we’ll be to winning.

One more  from Beasley -

Tremaine. This is the first time I’m really getting to isolate on linebackers like that. I’m glad. I feel like I’m going against, if not the best one, at least one of the best ones in there coverage-wise. He’s so long and athletic. It’s making me so much better and he makes it really hard on me since these routes are new to me. I’m trying to figure out new ways. We’re always talking. I never thought I would have to talk to a linebacker about how to beat a linebacker in coverage, you know what I mean? I guess he’s seen it a lot playing against New England twice a year. He has some experience at that and he’s just a freak, man. I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s long, fast. He’s a heckuva player, man. He’s going to be really good. He already is, but he wants to get better, he’s constantly asking me questions trying to learn. Those are the guys that are going to be great. They’re eager to learn and humble enough to ask guys for any type of help. It’s awesome.

The quote from Jerry Hughes is great, too. I’d post it but it’s super long and I already posted 3 quotes (maybe someone else can post it?). His quote is similar to Dion’s. He basically lists the whole team and says everyone as a whole has stood out. Everyone is balling and putting the work in. Says Beane + the scouts did an excellent job bringing in talent. 

Hughes has really seemed to step up and embrace a leadership role this year. Darryl Johnson lists Hughes as the guy who’s helped him most. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, APoxOnYou said:

No Josh Allen? That's concerning.

They were asked about players not being talked about as much, surprising, and more under the radar.  Josh is about the only Bill talked about a lot in the media.  Based on how they were asked, I wouldn’t have talked about Josh either.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Great article. This finally made me buy a subscription to The Athletic.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

You won't be sorry, especially once the season starts. 

Straight truth.  Best site for local team content to hit the intarwebs in a long time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha! LSU education (kidding). It’s 180 degrees, Tre.

Early in camp it looked like he had completely turned around and was a lock to make the roster (180 degrees)....but then by the time we saw him in the pre-season looked like he reverted back around to the same old Ray Ray....so 360 degrees.  I'd buy that.

• Haha (+1) 1