Josh Allen starting to prove doubters and haters wrong (BR article)

Logic

The following article was written by Mike Tanier, noted Josh Allen hater. And when I say "hater", I mean that the publication he co-authors called Allen "A parody of an NFL quarterback prospect". Anyway, it's a pretty fair article, and points to cautious optimism that Allen may just turn out to be good after all, despite the hot takes of so many "draft experts".

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2850542-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-starting-to-prove-doubters-and-haters-wrong.amp.html

"If Allen develops a decent short game, remains a rushing threat and can hit on the intercontinental ballistic launches just a little more regularly, well, that's a pretty darn good quarterback. And a lot of folks, including me, will be eating some old takes.

Allen may still be a work in progress, but he's no punchline. In fact, he's what the Mayock types told us he would be: the high-upside guy with a lot to learn. The upside is still there, the learning continues, and Allen looks ready to help the Bills win a few games during his on-the-job training.

Maybe the old NFL guard really does know what it's talking about now and then. Imagine that."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

The following article was written by Mike Tanier, noted Josh Allen hater. And when I say "hater", I mean that the publication he co-authors called Allen "A parody of an NFL quarterback prospect". Anyway, it's a pretty fair article, and points to cautious optimism that Allen may just turn out to be good after all, despite the hot takes of so many "draft experts".

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2850542-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-starting-to-prove-doubters-and-haters-wrong.amp.html

"If Allen develops a decent short game, remains a rushing threat and can hit on the intercontinental ballistic launches just a little more regularly, well, that's a pretty darn good quarterback. And a lot of folks, including me, will be eating some old takes.

Allen may still be a work in progress, but he's no punchline. In fact, he's what the Mayock types told us he would be: the high-upside guy with a lot to learn. The upside is still there, the learning continues, and Allen looks ready to help the Bills win a few games during his on-the-job training.

Maybe the old NFL guard really does know what it's talking about now and then. Imagine that."

A much improved receiving corps from last year should help. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Josh has impressed some in the media.  

Unfortunately [Fortunately] Winning is the only way to show the negative Nancy’s up.  

FIFY. I'm not doubting in the slightest this will happen for us this year plenty more than last! JA really can't do much else beyond what he's shown us so far since the 2nd half of last season through today, to convince that the Bills are primed for a breakout in the East & beyond, imho. And the FO has done its part to help out with the foundational pieces brought in.  

• Like (+1) 2

The former scouts / crusty old NFL guys really liked Allen as a prospect.  Because they are trained to look at what a guy can do, ie his arm strength, size and athleticism.

The blog boys and "analytics experts" hated him because his college numbers said he couldn't work.  I'll still contend if Allen were the QB for USC or Oklahoma or UCLA and Baker or Darnold or Rosen were the Wyoming QB, the hot take blog boys would have had very different opinions on him.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He hasn’t proven anything yet. 

Neither has anyone else in the East outside of the Pats. I like our chances this year. I dunno, maybe I'm hitting the ol' smelling salts a little too much? 

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Neither has anyone else in the East outside of the Pats. I like our chances this year. I dunno, maybe I'm hitting the ol' smelling salts a little too much? 

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

Im pretty sure Adam Gase lost his coke connect from his staff in Miami and has been trying to find a legal alternative :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Josh has impressed some in the media.  

Unfortunately Winning is the only way to show the negative Nancy’s up.  

As bad as he was statistically at times last year, he won at a better than expected rate for his stats...that bodes really well

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

So you're saying everyone should just pump the brakes?

they really should. we have two more preseason games yet to play. I'd say week one would be a statement game and then by week 5 after facing ne and the titans going in to the bye we should have a real good idea where JA is at.

not hating, I'm a JA supporter, just being patient and not putting the cart before the horse so to speak.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1