An American Oligarch Has Died

David Koch
1940–2019

Billionaire who had a profound effect on American politics dies at 79 

Through a network of well-financed advocacy groups, David Koch and his brother, Charles, achieved their greatest distinction, spreading an uncompromising anti-government gospel that moved the Republican Party steadily to the right.
  • By Bill Hewitt
  • 50 minutes ago

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

David Koch
1940–2019

Billionaire who had a profound effect on American politics dies at 79 

Through a network of well-financed advocacy groups, David Koch and his brother, Charles, achieved their greatest distinction, spreading an uncompromising anti-government gospel that moved the Republican Party steadily to the right.
  • By Bill Hewitt
  • 50 minutes ago

It's sad that people spit on graves before the occupant even arrives.

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh what's a matter? Didn't I show enough deference to the guy who is famous because he inheriated his money from his daddy? Fart 

Is this the part where we hate everyone that doesn’t work in a laundromat ? 

Its not their fault that you’ve thrown in the towel 

• Haha (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Damn, saw the title thought it might have been George Soros, soon enough, I guess

It's fitting that the day a boogeyman to people on the far left dies a pathetic comment about the boogeyman for people on the far right ensues.  

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's fitting that the day a boogeyman to people on the far left dies a pathetic comment about the boogeyman for people on the far right ensues.  

Though to be fair, the Kochs are globalists first, conservatives second. They have more in common on the the political front with the progressive left when you really get down to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Though to be fair, the Kochs are globalists first, conservatives second. They have more in common on the the political front with the progressive left when you really get down to it.

What?  I don't think they gave much money to Bernie Sanders type politicians over the course of their lives.  They're libertarians who gave money to conservatives and conservative think tanks who supported less regulation, lower taxes, and free trade.  Ronald Reagan was their ideal president.

As for the poster, anybody hoping for the death of a person from some deranged view of them is a piece of trash.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

What?  I don't think they gave much money to Bernie Sanders type politicians over the course of their lives.  They're libertarians who gave money to conservatives and conservative think tanks who supported less regulation, lower taxes, and free trade.  Ronald Reagan was their ideal president.

As for the poster, anybody hoping for the death of a person from some deranged view of them is a piece of trash.

They were/are globalists more than libertarian in practice not words. For example, they want open borders (for labor supply), and always seemed to throw the most money behind the establishment (which is bi-partisan in agenda despite the surface distinctions of r and d before their name — Rubio, Ryan, Jeb, et al) and those who pushed the hardest for the globalist agenda with a “conservative” slant. 

He also was friends w Epstein, is on the flight logs for the Lolita Express ... 

The Koch’s are a good example of the Carlin adage “it’s one big club, and we ain’t in it”. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh what's a matter? Didn't I show enough deference to the guy who is famous because he inheriated his money from his daddy? Fart 

Geez you’re fixated on other people’s money. I really hope you get some of your own one day. (By the way, it won’t make you a good or person....in case you thought it would) 

ROGER KIMBALL: David Koch’s ‘dark money’ was misunderstood.

It tells us a good deal about the moral complexion of the reflexive left that someone like Bill Maher, whom the herd of independent minds clusters around when it wants to indulge some particularly ungenerous impulse, should have greeted the death of David Koch with the remark that ‘he and his brother have done more than anybody to fund climate science deniers for decades, so ***** him. The Amazon is burning up. I’m glad he’s dead.’

‘Climate deniers.’ ‘The Amazon is burning.’ ‘I’m glad he’s dead.’ A better example of stupidity fired by heinous moral obtuseness would be hard to find. It almost goes without saying that Maher’s television audience erupted in applause and titters at his ignorant and shameful observation.

In another bit of news yesterday, it was reported that Supreme Court Ruth Bader Ginsburg had just completed yet another round of radiation to treat the recurrent cancer she has been suffering from. The venue for her treatment was Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital in New York. 

Only a few stories noted that in 2015 David Koch donated $159 million to Sloan Kettering, thus plausibly salvaging the life of one of the left’s hoariest icons.

Read the whole thing.

Townhall, by Kurt Schlichter

Original Article

Progressives’ ghoulish glee over the death of an old man turned into barely constrained panic when, later that day, it was revealed that their heroine Ruth Bader Ginsberg was just treated for pancreatic cancer yet again.

Their disgraceful joy at David Koch’s passing was yet another reminder of the harsh truth that leftists want you dead or enslaved. Koch’s sin was that he disagreed with liberals (though, in important ways, also with conservatives). For that, these cretins danced around like idiots celebrating his succumbing. And they’ll celebrate when you die too.