Reminder; we’re on national TV tonight! PreGame Thread

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the free signal from your local CBS affiliate is digital and your old black and white portable has an analog tuner.  It can't understand a digital signal.

I have an HD antenna, works great on that!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am all set

Image result for old tv with rabbit ears

2 things.

1. I think you've actually tuned into the past (or the great beyond). That looks like Tim Russert.

2. I hope you head enough foil to fashion a new helmet for yourself.

51 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Raise your hand if you're old enough to know what this is!

That turns the antenna on the top of your house does it not?  I remember having something like that when I was a wee lad and how long it took to switch between Buffalo and Toronto stations when I wanted to watch Sesame Street in French.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

When we got smoked by the Bengals in last year's 3rd preseason game.  The reason.  National TV.

That's some real jedi mindf##k tacticts by McD. Deliberately play like crap for the national TV audience and media. Fool em all into overlooking the Bills. Then when the regular season hits...WHAMMO!!! 19-0 baby!

My reaction to us playing the Detroit Lions is always a giant let down.  I don't know what it is about that franchise, but I think it gives me the most "blah" reaction of any team in the league.

Kind of like kissing your sister.  

Anyone else feel that way about De-troy-it ????

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's some real jedi mindf##k tacticts by McD. Deliberately play like crap for the national TV audience and media. Fool em all into overlooking the Bills. Then when the regular season hits...WHAMMO!!! 19-0 baby!

4d chess.  Trust the process.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

My reaction to us playing the Detroit Lions is always a giant let down.  I don't know what it is about that franchise, but I think it gives me the most "blah" reaction of any team in the league.

Definitely.  Especially since your sister sucks at kissing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Show pics of your sister. How else would we know?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

On CBS. Even if you’re being screwed around by DIRECTV, grab an old Black & White portable with Rabbit Ears from the attic, wrap some tinfoil on the antennas and have your GF hold it while touching a window. (She can make sammiches during commercial breaks!) It’s National TV! With top flight announcers! Our only other scheduled  national game is during dinner on Thanksgiving. 

McDermott is bucking the trend of forward thinking HC’s and playing starters throughout the 1st Half -maybe longer.

CAN’T MISS TV!

National TV??? I better dress impotent. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I have direct network, says the games is on channel 11 local channel CBS. I bet I get the pre game then some test pattern at 8pm

I am 1400 miles from Buffalo, probably 1600 from Detroit but I will get the BLACKOUT

Image result for Throwing TV gif

Are you close enough to a city to use an antenna?

I remember back in the day ( 50 years ago ) going out and turning the roof antenna just right to pick up Buffalo channels from a sleepy little town called West Valley.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Are you close enough to a city to use an antenna?

I remember back in the day ( 50 years ago ) going out and turning the roof antenna just right to pick up Buffalo channels from a sleepy little town called West Valley.

I am lucky enough to have both, so I should have no problem but preseason is hell

If you try calling around to bars every barmaid says "Oh yeh we get everything" nope...its always a gamble

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

On CBS. Even if you’re being screwed around by DIRECTV, grab an old Black & White portable with Rabbit Ears from the attic, wrap some tinfoil on the antennas and have your GF hold it while touching a window. (She can make sammiches during commercial breaks!) It’s National TV! With top flight announcers! Our only other scheduled  national game is during dinner on Thanksgiving. 

McDermott is bucking the trend of forward thinking HC’s and playing starters throughout the 1st Half -maybe longer.

CAN’T MISS TV!

OH NO!!! I used all my tin foil on my hat collection! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

I have a friend from Detroit who roots for the Lions still. One of the few fandoms who can relate to the struggle Bills fans have been through. 

I hope we destroy them, but with our backups.   NO INJURIES!

I think the furthest they've gotten since the AFL-NFL merger was the '91-'92 championship game against the Skins  That's got to be rough.

• Like (+1) 1