Reminder; we’re on national TV tonight! PreGame Thread

Play-by-Play: Greg Gumbel

Commentary: Trent Green

Sideline Reporter: Melanie Collins

Fans can listen to the action on the Bills Radio Network, featuring longtime center Eric Wood and the voice of the Bills, John Murphy.

Bills Radio Network:

Buffalo:* WGR550 (550 AM)

Toronto:* Fan 590 (590 AM)

Rochester: WCMF (96.5 AM) and WROC (950 AM)

Syracuse: WTKW (99.5 FM) and WTKV (105.5 FM)

Play-by-Play: John Murphy

Color Analyst: Eric Wood

• Thank you (+1) 1

Even tho it’s just preseason, I’m stoked for gameday my homies! Our relentless march back to football relevancy continues with ongoing battles to determine WR/TE depth positions, and want to see the lines continue to gel and show us what’s still possible even without Morse. Also, anytime we face anyone from the Belichick coaching tree on the other side, we need to come at them with some juice—turn up Patricia’s hot seat some more! 

• Like (+1) 2

thanks for the reminder.  Totally forgot we are on tonight!!  I've been out of the Country for the first 2.  Can't wait to see this one.  

But if Allen sucks, I expect Pegs to send me back out of the country.  I'll have to figure out how to contact him of course....

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope Detroit’s defense is healthy with all the starters and brings their A game. They have a nasty defense and I’d like to see what the first team O can do against an actual defense. I’m also curious if they come out throwing the ball all over the field non stop or if they actually try to establish some sort of run game with the starters. 

FYI, I’ll start a trial list of thread topics for after the games to discuss, as largely suggested by our Gameday Topic Suggestion thread.

ie: Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Coaching

Key Plays

Feel free to chime in then.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

On CBS. Even if you’re being screwed around by DIRECTV, grab an old Black & White portable with Rabbit Ears from the attic, wrap some tinfoil on the antennas and have your GF hold it while touching a window. (She can make sammiches during commercial breaks!) It’s National TV! With top flight announcers! Our only other scheduled  national game is during dinner on Thanksgiving. 

McDermott is bucking the trend of forward thinking HC’s and playing starters throughout the 1st Half -maybe longer.

CAN’T MISS TV!

Just like old times...bachelor days! Nothing in the fridge but beer and maybe some bologna and a few eggs!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

When we got smoked by the Bengals in last year's 3rd preseason game.  The reason.  National TV.

Yeah, that's some BBFS talking right there.  Last year we were fooled by Josh's performance against future fry cooks in the first two preseason games and didn't appreciate how much he had to learn...AND our OL was downright putrid.

I'm hoping to see a nice, solid performance with no huge mistakes or significant injuries.

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I'd be a little worried about their expiration date though--when was the last time you checked? ;)

What the beer! ?

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I'd be a little worried about their expiration date though--when was the last time you checked? ;)

As long as they werent green!

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The reason: 2018's version of the offensive line playing incredibly offensive in front of Josh: 

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, that's some BBFS talking right there.  Last year we were fooled by Josh's performance against future fry cooks in the first two preseason games and didn't appreciate how much he had to learn...AND our OL was downright putrid.

I'm hoping to see a nice, solid performance with no huge mistakes or significant injuries.

Why was our line putrid when it looked fine the first two preseason games?  You guessed it.  National TV.  When Allen goes 0 for 13 with four sacks you can blame the NFL schedule makers.

• Haha (+1) 1

rjuxvwy8vmdj3ge2ikx9.jpg

5 players to watch in the third preseason game | Bills at Lions

2. Dawson Knox, tight end

We haven’t seen much out of Dawson Knox in training camp after he suffered a hamstring injury. The past two weeks, Knox has been working his way back to full health. Knox spent the majority of the week practicing at full speed. The third-round tight end said he is excited to participate in his first preseason game.

kmxcu68fqcm4h5z6c5dq.jpg

5. Matt Milano, linebacker

Missing the final three games of last season due to injury, Milano was motivated in camp to get back to where he was at in 2018. The linebacker racked up 78 tackles and three interceptions in 13 games. Milano received eight snaps against the Colts and 15 against the Panthers. He recorded four tackles against Carolina. The defense will be stronger this year with the trio of Milano, Lorenzo Alexander and Tremaine Edmunds on the field together.