Peterman leads Raiders to victory!

BobbyC81

30 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Why are people obsessed with trashing Peterman? And why do people dismiss everything he had to deal with in the games he started.

Here's the games he had to start as a young QB.

Baltimore (2018) - #1 defense in the league. Rainy weather. Offensive line couldn't block anyone and receivers got no seperation all game

Chicago (2018) - #3 overall defense. Receivers were terrible. Dropping several passes. 2 of his INTs were ridiculously fluke plays. One of them Terrelle Pryor bobbled what should have been a big gain into an INT instead. Another Zay Jones got lit up and the ball popped up and got picked. All three receivers ran short slant patterns to try to get the first down. The Bears knew the play we were calling it seemed because they were all ready for those short slant routes.

San Diego (2017) - Just go watch the game and tell me what even Tom Brady would have done that game. Absolutely zero seperation all game from the receivers and the offensive line was letting two or three guys destroy Peterman in a second on a lot of plays. 

Peterman might not be made for the NFL but to judge him this early is ludicrous because he's been put in possibly the worst position of any young QB in history.

Actually, all you have to do is watch the second half of that game and you can see Tyrod Taylor (who ain't no Tom Brady!) lead the offense, and look like an actual NFL QB. It was night and day. Tyrod certainly wasn't great. But, Peterman absolutely crapped the bed.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

As I was watching my TV today I saw the NFL Network "Preseason Power Rankings"

The bills were somewhere in the 20's....I got miffed for a second....why?  We are 2 and 0.....our defense is shutting everyone down....Our QBs look good.........

Then....I realized......its pre season.

I know a Raiders fan saying the same thing about them, 3-0 and ranked 26th

It's the preseason and its power rankings....

My explanation would be that it's based on what they see in those games from the guys who will be playing regular season games in a few weeks. Since most of the starters sat last night's Raiders Packers game, that game won't affect many opinions on their power rankings 

Strange to me that so many want Jason Peterman to fail.

While I am glad he is not in a Bills uniform, it would be a great story if he could stick with a team and be a solid contributor.  I am not betting on that happening, but why trash a guy who seemed to work hard while here, was a good teammate, and seemed to have good overall character?

The guy became a bit of a national joke, so it would be great for him to redeem himself and make a living in the NFL for a while..

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I never understood the Peterman hate on this board. The guy played in some of the worst circumstances that I have seen and he was a rookie late rd pick. He lost his confidence here and with every pick it snowballed on him. He has just as much arm strength as Drew Bree's, he is a accurate passer and relies on accuracy, timing and the mental side of the game to succeed. I think he will definitely challenge Carr for the starting QB job.

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha

*takes breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahaah

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Hyperbole much?   There have been plenty of QBs worse than him...

Nope.

Check the stats. Its not close

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

100% this.  Take the pressure off him by putting him in at the end of games.  

In fact, I'd do this regardless of who my backup is to give that guy game experience in case something happens to the starter.   But esp. with Peterman.  He's a legit NFL backup based on preseason work, then in games, he becomes panick-man.  

Why does he need to be babied??? This is professional football. Either you can or cant and Peterman has shown when its a real game, he cant.

How people cannot grasp this is incredible to me

• Like (+1) 1

I still think that NP could have a career as a borderline NFL backup. But he should probably have stayed in Winnipeg because he could probably be successful as a starter in the Canadian league where the overall quality of play is maybe somewhere around that of the 3rd preseason game. 

As far as the Bills are concerned they have a better backup right now.

22 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Strange to me that so many want Jason Peterman to fail.

While I am glad he is not in a Bills uniform, it would be a great story if he could stick with a team and be a solid contributor.  I am not betting on that happening, but why trash a guy who seemed to work hard while here, was a good teammate, and seemed to have good overall character?

The guy became a bit of a national joke, so it would be great for him to redeem himself and make a living in the NFL for a while..

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e6de2a0d496b64c0640ce23b2900fd17.jpg

These childish jokes

Are heartless and cruel

But the guy’s even worse

Than Brian Brohm or Jeff Tuel

Peterman

34 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

What is funny to me is that Mitch Trubiski  has a MPH that is 55 and is considered a cannon. While Peterman was clocked at 53 and is considered weak armed. Going by MPH numbers from pro football weekly. 

Just out of curiosity, what was JA?

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

I want to hear Antonio Brown whine after Peterman takes the starting job away from Carr.

^^^^This x 100.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Peterman could be the new Fitzmagtragic. 

Peterman could only dream to have Fitz career.  Peterman will never sniff Fitz’ numbers.  If he has to play in a regular season, it will be the same stuff.  His arm just isn’t good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ironically, it appears that both of NP’s TD’s against GB yesterday were on out patterns. Maybe the corners were purposely playing off never dreaming he’d throw there again? :)

Or maybe they are cbs who won’t be in the nfl. Patrick Peterson probably takes those to the house. 

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha

*takes breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahaah

Nope.

Check the stats. Its not close

Why does he need to be babied??? This is professional football. Either you can or cant and Peterman has shown when its a real game, he cant.

How people cannot grasp this is incredible to me

It's not that he needs to be babied.  He performed above-average in preseason.  If he can replicate this in the regular season, you have a capable backup QB.  A capable backup QB is very important.  It's not "babying him" but managing an asset to get the most of out it.  I don't get how some people can't grasp that ;)

• Like (+1) 1