Peterman leads Raiders to victory!

BobbyC81

1 hour ago, nucci said:

based on what?

Draft profiles and analysis (including Gruden's), and observations of his play and interviews while a Bill.  

Time will tell how NP's career plays out, but I believe, and I hope, that things work out for him.

8 minutes ago, TPS said:

Draft profiles and analysis (including Gruden's), and observations of his play and interviews while a Bill.  

Time will tell how NP's career plays out, but I believe, and I hope, that things work out for him.

Agreed. And if Gruden is not back on the NP train, he sure has a funny way of showing it. 

“I like Peterman, I’ve said that for a while now,” Gruden said. “Thought he had two touchdown passes dropped today that were right on the money, thought he had a couple other balls that were dropped right on the money. Took care of the ball, didn’t turn it over throughout the preseason. He’s athletic. I like what he did tonight, especially late in the football game.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/article/Raiders-beat-Packers-22-21-on-a-shortened-field-14372329.php

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Agreed. And if Gruden is not back on the NP train, he sure has a funny way of showing it. 

“I like Peterman, I’ve said that for a while now,” Gruden said. “Thought he had two touchdown passes dropped today that were right on the money, thought he had a couple other balls that were dropped right on the money. Took care of the ball, didn’t turn it over throughout the preseason. He’s athletic. I like what he did tonight, especially late in the football game.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/article/Raiders-beat-Packers-22-21-on-a-shortened-field-14372329.php

Certainly Bills' fans have every right to think Peterman has no business being in the NFL.  However, many people thought and still think he has talent to be here.  As I said, time will tell... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ColeB said:

I only caught the last couple of minutes. He led them down the field for the winning FG. He looked a little shaky but had a clutch throw to get them in range and had 2 TD passes earlier. LOL!  Will Gruden also be fooled?

And so was 90% of TBD sans all the Peterman/Allen- Kelly/Reich comparasons until game one. 

10 hours ago, ColeB said:

Will Gruden also be fooled?

Gruden is an idiot. He can only win when handed the keys to a Buggati  hyper-car (Tampa.) And play the team he coached and was  fired from. that team  didn't change their signal calling. in a SB.  He knew the plays for the most part. Then he can win. He is no QB guru. A pompus douche. IMO McD is a better coach.

Are you with me? Then knock on wood....

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

He's obviously better than how he performed for us in the regular season. There is some backup QB talent there. Definitely some brains. 

But he has a severe case of the yips in the regular season. If I was Gruden, I would give Peterman clean-up duty in regular season blow-outs. Take some pressure off him. Get him in slowly. He was thrown into the fire too fast in Buffalo. 

100% this.  Take the pressure off him by putting him in at the end of games.  

In fact, I'd do this regardless of who my backup is to give that guy game experience in case something happens to the starter.   But esp. with Peterman.  He's a legit NFL backup based on preseason work, then in games, he becomes panick-man.  

10 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

And now we know why:

1) We let Peterman start the season.

2) Preseason means nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

99/100 Preseason tells you what kind of shape a guy is in/what he can do on the field. 

1 time it doesn't work out, and this fanbase's response is "preseason means nothhhhing" 

Do you see how crazy this is? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Why are people obsessed with trashing Peterman? And why do people dismiss everything he had to deal with in the games he started.

Here's the games he had to start as a young QB.

Baltimore (2018) - #1 defense in the league. Rainy weather. Offensive line couldn't block anyone and receivers got no seperation all game

Chicago (2018) - #3 overall defense. Receivers were terrible. Dropping several passes. 2 of his INTs were ridiculously fluke plays. One of them Terrelle Pryor bobbled what should have been a big gain into an INT instead. Another Zay Jones got lit up and the ball popped up and got picked. All three receivers ran short slant patterns to try to get the first down. The Bears knew the play we were calling it seemed because they were all ready for those short slant routes.

San Diego (2017) - Just go watch the game and tell me what even Tom Brady would have done that game. Absolutely zero seperation all game from the receivers and the offensive line was letting two or three guys destroy Peterman in a second on a lot of plays. 

Peterman might not be made for the NFL but to judge him this early is ludicrous because he's been put in possibly the worst position of any young QB in history.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

99/100 Preseason tells you what kind of shape a guy is in/what he can do on the field. 

1 time it doesn't work out, and this fanbase's response is "preseason means nothhhhing" 

Do you see how crazy this is? 

To be fair, it didn't work out for the most important position in the game, and had a snowball effect on the season and Josh Allen's development. Kind of a big deal.

5 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

To be fair, it didn't work out for the most important position in the game, and had a snowball effect on the season and Josh Allen's development. Kind of a big deal.

It was a disaster and the ramifications were nothing short of epic. 

But, that doesn't mean preseason no longer has value. At best, it means you have to remain critical of the results you see on the field. 

Thing is, you have to evaluate these guys somehow. You want the most out of  your guys.  For example, you have a third round and a fifth round DE. You tell these guys that the player who proves the most in practice and the preseason gets the start.  I think every one would agree its foolish to just hand the job to the third rounder. 99/100 this system works. Every once in a while, it doesnt. Peterman did everything right according to this system. He was just the 1/100.

My point is, what is the alternative? Give the loser of the competition the job automatically? 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It was a disaster and the ramifications were nothing short of epic. 

But, that doesn't mean preseason no longer has value. At best, it means you have to remain critical of the results you see on the field. 

Thing is, you have to evaluate these guys somehow. You want the most out of  your guys.  For example, you have a third round and a fifth round DE. You tell these guys that the player who proves the most in practice and the preseason gets the start.  I think every one would agree its foolish to just hand the job to the third rounder. 99/100 this system works. Every once in a while, it doesnt. Peterman did everything right according to this system. He was just the 1/100.

My point is, what is the alternative? Give the loser of the competition the job automatically? 

Oh, I agree completely! You should watch me watching a preseason game. I'm scribbling notes like crazy, and only eating wings during commercial breaks! I'm just saying that the reason Bills fans, in particular, freak out is that we've born the brunt of that 1/100, and it could well have jeopardized Allen's development. Fortunately, the kid looks to have weathered it just fine.

• Like (+1) 2