Peterman leads Raiders to victory!

BobbyC81

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Is he still with the 3s if he is Gruden is clearly not fooled. Maybe he just brought Peterman to be a reliable preseason QB throwing to people at the bottom end of the roster.

Yes. Carr sat, Glennon started and I guess played a Qtr and Peterman the rest.  If you didn’t see Hard Knocks, sounded like the OC wanted to start Peterman but Gruden overruled.

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.a0d4cce0556ffbb721541bdf7f4e3bcf.jpg

Throughout training camp

He’s Mr. “Can-Do”

A preseason champ

Wow… de ja vu…

Peterman

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

He's obviously better than how he performed for us in the regular season. There is some backup QB talent there. Definitely some brains. 

But he has a severe case of the yips in the regular season. If I was Gruden, I would give Peterman clean-up duty in regular season blow-outs. Take some pressure off him. Get him in slowly. He was thrown into the fire too fast in Buffalo. 

How many chances does he get? Seriously though, he doesn’t have the arm. It’s not the ‘yips’. Peterman can’t throw the ball to spots on the field that he needs to in order to be a NFL QB. Look, he is fine for a camp body and will probably get a call mid season from a team in desperate need. If you didn’t see enough from him as a Bill to know he doesn’t belong on the field with number the 1’s, you never will. 

• Like (+1) 3

On my list of things to care about, Peterman falls somewhere between the rising cost of kale and my dog's inner life. I know the Peterman wound is a deep one but heal people, heal.

Edited by Mickey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TPS said:

Peterman may not have a rocket arm, but he's smart and accurate. I believe that, As he gains experience (it is only his 3rd year coming up), he will learn to avoid mistakes on the types of throws that are dangerous for him, and will do some good things in this league. 

You mean any pass traveling more than 15 yards?

Any DC worth his salt will know exactly how to gameplan Peterman in a regular season contest.  Even in his "great" game last night against future fry cooks his yards/attempt was just over 5.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TPS said:

Peterman may not have a rocket arm, but he's smart and accurate. I believe that, As he gains experience (it is only his 3rd year coming up), he will learn to avoid mistakes on the types of throws that are dangerous for him, and will do some good things in this league. 

Yeah, no...He’s proven time and time again he’s incapable of that. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

How many chances does he get? Seriously though, he doesn’t have the arm. It’s not the ‘yips’. Peterman can’t throw the ball to spots on the field that he needs to in order to be a NFL QB. Look, he is fine for a camp body and will probably get a call mid season from a team in desperate need. If you didn’t see enough from him as a Bill to know he doesn’t belong on the field with number the 1’s, you never will. 

I have to disagree.  He can make many of the throws, it just takes the ball 17 seconds to get to the spot.  By then, the defensive back has tracked it, broke in front of the receiver, googled "cool pick 6" dance moves, and personalized the choreography in preparation for arrival.  I think the only yips are "Will I be the only cornerback who doesn't get an interception off NP this season?". 

I'm a fan of the guy and his desire to follow his dream.  He's a top tier athlete, just not top tier enough for the NFL.  

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TPS said:

based on what?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

You mean any pass traveling more than 15 yards?

Any DC worth his salt will know exactly how to gameplan Peterman in a regular season contest.  Even in his "great" game last night against future fry cooks his yards/attempt was just over 5.

Yeah.  All you have to do is watch the Bills vs Bears game last year to stop Peterman.  He doesn't have the arm strength to make defenses cover outside the numbers among other things.  They say Peterman is a good guy.  I wish him well.

• Like (+1) 3

I never understood the Peterman hate on this board. The guy played in some of the worst circumstances that I have seen and he was a rookie late rd pick. He lost his confidence here and with every pick it snowballed on him. He has just as much arm strength as Drew Bree's, he is a accurate passer and relies on accuracy, timing and the mental side of the game to succeed. I think he will definitely challenge Carr for the starting QB job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Looks like he was good enough in the preseason games to push Glennon a little and he will make a nice cannon fodder for preseason game 4.  Gruden has done some stupid things but he’s not putting Peterman on the 53.  

You sure about that?

https://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Nathan-Peterman-Jon-Gruden-Winnipeg-field-Packers-14372346.php