Peterman leads Raiders to victory!

BobbyC81

I only caught the last couple of minutes. He led them down the field for the winning FG. He looked a little shaky but had a clutch throw to get them in range and had 2 TD passes earlier. LOL!  Will Gruden also be fooled?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColeB said:

I only caught the last couple of minutes. He led them down the field for the winning FG. He looked a little shaky but had a clutch throw to get them in range and had 2 TD passes earlier. LOL!  Will Gruden also be fooled?

Gruden was high on Peterman well before he fell flat in Buffalo. Gruden most likely blames his misfortunes on a lack of development and QB coaching. 

No ill will, hope the kid does well. 

• Like (+1) 14

1 minute ago, gordong said:

seriously, who cares.  The guy doesn't have an NFL arm, he can't throw at out pass anywhere on the field. 

Um, Gruden and the rest of Raider nation wondering how this reclamation project is going to go—I’m happy for the kid, hope he ends up proving all of us naysayers wrong, lock in the backup QB spot because that would make for some good popcorn munching TV viewing if he ever needs to get in a game this year. 

• Like (+1) 8

He's obviously better than how he performed for us in the regular season. There is some backup QB talent there. Definitely some brains. 

But he has a severe case of the yips in the regular season. If I was Gruden, I would give Peterman clean-up duty in regular season blow-outs. Take some pressure off him. Get him in slowly. He was thrown into the fire too fast in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

He's obviously better than how he performed for us in the regular season. There is some backup QB talent there. Definitely some brains. 

But he has a severe case of the yips in the regular season. If I was Gruden, I would give Peterman clean-up duty in regular season blow-outs. Take some pressure off him. Get him in slowly. He was thrown into the fire too fast in Buffalo. 

^^^one of the most logical and well reasoned takes on NP I’ve read here, pretty much ever. Post of the day (night). Carry on! 

• Like (+1) 8

Peterman may not have a rocket arm, but he's smart and accurate. I believe that, As he gains experience (it is only his 3rd year coming up), he will learn to avoid mistakes on the types of throws that are dangerous for him, and will do some good things in this league.