Thursday Night preseason games

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm with you on this.

The Bills can survive just about any other injury and still win some games. If Allen is hurt, though? Not so much.

And lest anyone say that Allen is a special case because he's a raw youngster: Lamar Jackson isn't playing tonight, and he DAMN sure needs reps as badly as Allen does.

It's not exactly the same if they started Lamar he'd be running no need to have him take an extra beating.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'll be surprised if he ever plays a full season again

From ESPN's  David Newton tonight;

"Cam Newton's surgically repaired shoulder has been the focus for much of the Carolina Panthers' preseason, but the focus turned to the franchise quarterback's left foot and ankle after a first-quarter sack in Thursday night's preseason game at New England.

Team medical staff examined Newton's left foot on the sideline after the sack, his second in three series. The 2015 NFL MVP then walked to the locker room, the team later announcing he would not return."

After reading this I remembered a tweet from one of the Panther's beat reporters during the Bills / Panthers game about the Panther's suspect O-Line.

bBbdbxhE_bigger.jpgJohn Ellis @OnePantherPlace
FollowFollow @OnePantherPlace
More

Reason they held Cam out was to not get him killed against this front. It wasn’t about pitch count, or analytics. We all knew Cam was going to take a hits. And sure as *****, you saw how the OL looked. They knew they had matchup problems up front and didn’t want to exploit QB1.

5:21 PM - 16 Aug 2019

Looks like Ellis was right on the money.  Cam sacked twice in three series tonight against the Pats and knocked out of the game.  The Panthers are going nowhere this year if they can't keep Cam upright.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so this is absolutely the pot calling the kettle..but damn that looks uncomfortable

I’m heading to the barber tomorrow. I don’t want to be confused with THAT! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yeah, but that TD drive against back-ups to start the second half, tho!  FITZMAGIC!

Get Rosen in there so I can apply the dreaded Eye Test...

Fitz has a 105.3 QB Rating for this game! ?

Edited by jeremy2020

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea, i was not talking about his hair!

Well, I was planning on walking. And it’s a nice little barber shop in Nashville. I’ll pack a bag of celery for my trip. 

Hey, it would be a start! 

4 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Good drive by Rosen

He's looked good against backups. When he faced starters last week, he didn't look as good though.

I think Flores is wise to not start him. They can wait until mid-season after Fitz has sucked for a few games and everyone knows their season is over.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1