News out of UB

Buffalo716

It looks like Matt Myers , the local West Seneca star has been named the UB starting QB

Not official , but I've been told Matt Myers has beaten out RS Sophomore Kyle Vantrease

Vantrease was taking first team reps majority of spring but Myers turned it on in camp when he returned from injury

Pumped for the season!

@PromoTheRobot should be interested

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It looks like Matt Myers , the local West Seneca star has been named the UB starting QB

Not official , but I've been told Matt Myers has beaten out RS Sophomore Kyle Vantrease

Vantrease was taking first team reps majority of spring but Myers turned it on

Pumped for the season!

@PromoTheRobot should be interested

@PromoTheRobotis so influential within the program that he probably was the person who made the decision as to who will be the starter. When you are a big time contributor you become an influencer. :) 

Not sure about his arm strength but at 6'4", 220 lbs. he's liable to have a Josh Allen type build by the time he is done.  Most of the HS videos showed him making throws with lots of air under the ball but those are easy for the WRs and rarely do HS QBs around here need to make the power type throws.  He has a 40 time of 4.85 posted as a junior, played hockey and lacrosse.  I like this profile and wonder how many other offers he might have gotten because he should have gotten more.  I think he committed to UB before WSW made their state title run which was probably came too late in the process to generate additional offers.  ' This might work out really well for them.

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Not sure about his arm strength but at 6'4", 220 lbs. he's liable to have a Josh Allen type build by the time he is done.  Most of the HS videos showed him making throws with lots of air under the ball but those are easy for the WRs and rarely do HS QBs around here need to make the power type throws.  He has a 40 time of 4.85 posted as a junior, played hockey and lacrosse.  I like this profile and wonder how many other offers he might have gotten because he should have gotten more.  I think he committed to UB before WSW made their state title run which was probably came too late in the process to generate additional offers.  ' This might work out really well for them.

He only had 1 D1 offer and UB offered him as a JR before his title run

I don't think it's because he played in WNY because top kids from here still get heavily recruited, he just fell through the cracks

He is a true dual threat

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He only had 1 D1 offer and UB offered him as a JR before his title run

I don't think it's because he played in WNY because top kids from here still get heavily recruited, he just fell through the cracks

He is a true dual threat

One of those recruiting sites had him attending multiple camps.  Penn State, Michigan State, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami of Ohio, probably more.  That is the route to getting offers if you play in WNY and that's how Cole Snyder got his offer from Rutgers.  He is currently competing for #3 on their depth chart and could see some action after the Red Shirt elligibility becomes locked in.  I think if  MM hadn't committed so early, he might have seen more offers. 

Playing like you have been disrespected is a good thing.  It worked really well for Thurman and Josh Allen.  In 3 or 4 years, Matt might be close to JA's athletic profile.

14 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

One of those recruiting sites had him attending multiple camps.  Penn State, Michigan State, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami of Ohio, probably more.  That is the route to getting offers if you play in WNY and that's how Cole Snyder got his offer from Rutgers.  He is currently competing for #3 on their depth chart and could see some action after the Red Shirt elligibility becomes locked in.  I think if  MM hadn't committed so early, he might have seen more offers. 

Playing like you have been disrespected is a good thing.  It worked really well for Thurman and Josh Allen.  In 3 or 4 years, Matt might be close to JA's athletic profile.

you need to be a big time stud to be a starting D1 QB... only 130 D1 schools.   

Big time D1 schools don't care about offers from UB. UB offered MM as a JR and Boston College  or SU and every other school had 15 months to recruit him and didn't offer

I've been scouting in WNY for over 25 years and Cole Snyder was on a different level with throwing the ball. Myers has a good arm but is a real threat running. Snyder throws dimes to all levels

Also Christian Veilleux just left Canisius and he is a top 15 QB recruit. Offers from schools from Michigan to Indiana and Penn State. They will find you in WNY if you ball

And I expect Snyder to start at Rutgers in the next year or 2

I will be there to watch MM vs Robert Morris ... I think he will have a great season

Horns Up ?

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.