Derek Anderson opens up about retirement decision

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like a really bad concussion. Scary.

thanks, Yolo. best, most insightful article i have read in some time.

i hope Derek is able to put those lingering effects behind him.

• Like (+1) 4

DA is a good human, and a good teammate!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Allan started “getting it” during his injury time out and upon his return last season. We’ve seen a continuance of that to this point of this season as well.  To whatever credit Anderson deserves for that, he’s got it. A lot of it is Daboll and his recognition of what DCs were trying to do to Allan pre injury and the adjustments he made. 

Allan was way behind the QB development curve compared to the others in his draft class. For several reasons. But I’ve long felt he was the most intelligent QB of the lot and that once his mental skills caught up to his physical gifts, then the sky is the limit. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Allan started “getting it” during his injury time out and upon his return last season. We’ve seen a continuance of that to this point of this season as well.  To whatever credit Anderson deserves for that, he’s got it. A lot of it is Daboll and his recognition of what DCs were trying to do to Allan pre injury and the adjustments he made. 

Allan was way behind the QB development curve compared to the others in his draft class. For several reasons. But I’ve long felt he was the most intelligent QB of the lot and that once his mental skills caught up to his physical gifts, then the sky is the limit. 

Allen said he started getting it against Houston. Sadly he got hurt.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Thanks for posting that. What a great teammate Anderson seemed to be. I wish the best for him moving forward and what he thinks about Allen is encouraging to say the least.

.....damn right BOE...he bailed McBeane out of a MAJOR gaffe dumping McCarron way too early (nothing special but a steady Eddie game manager), putting his eggs in Peterman's basket....Derek deserves a HEALTHY retirement period.....

3 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Allen said he started getting it against Houston. Sadly he got hurt.

Perhaps, but like you said, it’s sad he got hurt. But I really noticed his better command upon his return. He was routinely checking in and out of plays, moving safeties, and asserting his will more confidently. 

He is gonna have some stinkers as all QBs do, but he’s on his way. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

thanks, Yolo. best, most insightful article i have read in some time.

i hope Derek is able to put those lingering effects behind him.

It made me think about that article that came out years later about Kevin Kolb and the affects he still has from that career-ending concussion. It was chilling to read. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1