From Jet Nation: Wk 1 gameplan

saundena

13 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

This is what I am really excited about seeing in week 1. I'm a big Josh Allen fan. But, until he handles it, he hasn't handled it.

This is how I feel about the team in general. I get fans being excited about the moves their teams have made and being confident, as I am, but the Bills and Jets were 6-10 and 4-12 respectively. Any of us saying "we should beat" anybody before the first game is funny.

Edited by CNY315
  • Like (+1) 1

i expect the bills to beat the jets easily, like 33-10. bills have better coaching and will play much more as a cohesive unit as a result.

make their line run around and force their linebackers to cover by utilizing screen passes, counters, and swing passes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hopefully having all offseason to prepare for the Jets gives our LB's a lot of time to prepare for Bell's running style.  D-line can't shed their blocks too early and LB's have to be patient and wait for Bell to make the first move.

I think that perhaps the most significant aspect that both sides are overlooking is the fact that this will be year 3 for Buffalo (2 for JA) in the same system. 

For the Jests to think that they’ll just be hitting on all cylinders come opening day year 1 on both O and D, might be misleading...

Edited by Vod Kanockers
  • Like (+1) 1

This is not hard to figure out. Buffalo is going to beat the Jets week 1. Sure they'll have to deal with the home team energy s\urge of a season opener. But IMO JA's head is in a great place and it is cooler than the veggies in your crisper.

The Jets are a mess with injuries and suspensions. They'll get season opener home team momentum but the Bills will finish the game stronger and take the crowd out of it

Jets fans are merely convincing themselves it going to be ok. But they are doing so curled up in a fetal position and rocking back and forth and mumbling it. 

15 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Well Honey, lots of traffic today.....its time to go home...

Related image

giphy.com

Hey is his name Bennie by chance, Bennie the Jet

Edited by ddaryl

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

vegas is scary good at what they do... they have the jets at -3. home team gets 3 points which means they view it as a pick'm. so most of those fans over there are morons..... which isn't surprising.

That's actually the easiest line to set when you see two similar teams suit up in week 1.  Now, a struggling Bills team visiting an overrated Vikings team is much more difficult.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

vegas is scary good at what they do... they have the jets at -3. home team gets 3 points which means they view it as a pick'm. so most of those fans over there are morons..... which isn't surprising.

It means they view it as a pick em on a neutral field...which this game is not. Vegas is scary good at what they do which means we are more likely than not to lose...per vegas.

They also have them winning more games than we do over the course of the season. So if we are trusting Vegas, we should be worried.

I am not.

Edited by jletha

1 minute ago, jletha said:

It means they view it as a pick em on a neutral field...which this game is not. Vegas is scary good at what they do which means we are more likely than not to lose...per vegas

I get what it means dude... it means its 2 evenly matched teams with them giving the slight edge to home team. so their fans talking like its gonna be a romp is foolish.

On Offense, i'd just throw to Beasley and our RB's all day.  They have one starting level LB, and he's good, but a liability in pass coverage.

If they dedicate resources to taking away the short stuff, then we attack their beat up corners deep.

Bottom Line... i'm saying Josh Allen comes out throwing Week One.

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does Bennie know Saturday nights all right for fighting?

of course Bennie knows everything he is a rocketman, which is like being a rocket scientist. Jets are rockets for people and product

• Haha (+1) 1

This should be a good game. I was less confident a month ago but with the injuries in their secondary and at linebacker I feel more confident about the Bills winning this game. I like Darnold a lot but it took a couple of miracle Robbie Anderson catches and the Bills playing terrible on special teams for the Jets to avoid the sweep last year. 

This year is a brand new year but I feel that we are a better team from Top to Bottom but we will see in a couple of weeks