From Jet Nation: Wk 1 gameplan

saundena

Thought I'd share this with everyone.  Most of their posters seem to sense a Jet victory (no surprise there), but there is healthy respect for our D, Beasley and even a few who are worried about how to stop Josh (ie using a spy opens up the field for big plays).

They also acknowledged their atrocious secondary.

Me, I'm concerned with big Q and their stout D line making is too one dimensional early in the game (bottling the run and flustering Josh).  I also like Darnold a lot and worry that he can pick us apart with short throws which in the best case scenario will keep drives alive, tire our D and help their field position.  We seemed so awful last year giving up big completions on 3rd and 6+.

Anyway here it is:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/146258-jets-bills-can-we-start-talking-game-plan-yet/

Edited by saundena

If these guys are right we are in for a long year. We have been worried about our interior O line building chemistry, the Jets line won’t even play together until September 8th. There two top corners are game time decisions, and they’ve lost two starting linebackers. And Bell hasn’t played in a competitive game in over a year and a half. It will be a tough game on the road but I don’t think many people outside WNY know how much better the Bills are from 2018.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

IF our young QBs are equivalent I think we win the game. I think our defense is more complete, less injured and in second year of development. Now a lot of people have Darnold as ahead of Allen in terms of development, not to say either of their developments are done. I think its going to be a great litmus test. If we get Allen like he played against the Panthers I believe we win. But if that was a preseason mirage then I could easily see the Jets winning, with our offense struggling (although doesnt mean itll stay like that all year).

Few other posts from JetsNation regarding game 1:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/145864-ot-bills-mitch-morse/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-4161096

Jets beat Buffalo, in Buffalo by coming from behind, without Quincy Enunwa & Eli McGuire at RB. So, in the opener Quincy will be back, we added Bell & Montgomery at RB, Crowder in the slot instead of that slug Kearse, hopefully Kalil at Center, KO at LG, Tomlinson wont play I pray, QW in the middle with Leo to test their concussion riddled Center & McCoy is pretty much done...any questions?

We scored 27 points on the road in Buffalo without Quincy & McGuire and Cannon at RB. Not scared. 

Jets are the better team on both sides of the ball.  They're better at the most important position on the field.  They'll be favored, the pick for that game.

could they still lose?  Of course but we could say that about most matchups, most weeks.  

I like josh allen alot, but i dont not think at this stage of his career he is an advanced enough passer to handle the gregg williams pressure.

Yes, he will scramble away a few times and pick up some nice chunks on the ground, but hes not going to put together 4 quarters of quality passes to beat this defense.

Now bills d is good so i can see a 10-7 score at half.  But the turnovers will start piling up in the 4th and we will end up winning comfortabley.

Pretty confident bunch over there. They seem to be 100% confident buffalos new line won’t be able to run block them and they’ll win this game quite easily. All we have done with first team offense is throw non stop in preseason, which leads me to believe they are waiting to unleash this new nasty line in the run game in jersey. First games of the year are always tricky but I think this one is a defensive dogfight. And I think buffalos defense is better hands down. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, syhuang said:

I like josh allen alot, but i dont not think at this stage of his career he is an advanced enough passer to handle the gregg williams pressure.

This is what I am really excited about seeing in week 1. I'm a big Josh Allen fan. But, until he handles it, he hasn't handled it.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Pretty confident bunch over there. They seem to be 100% confident buffalos new line won’t be able to run block them and they’ll win this game quite easily. All we have done with first team offense is throw non stop in preseason, which leads me to believe they are waiting to unleash this new nasty line in the run game in jersey. First games of the year are always tricky but I think this one is a defensive dogfight. And I think buffalos defense is better hands down. 

Buncha yahoos. That sorry defense of theirs is getting TORCHED. "Gregg Williams Pressure" or no.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The great myth of Gregg Williams and his incredible pressure defense persists.  He was innovative and bold, years ago.  He is just recycling his old schemes.  Plenty of tape out there on old Gregg and his defense.

Yes, but did you hear?  He turned down 11 other offers to join the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am not surprised, many of our fans are just as confident in beating them.    Both teams had a significant off-seasons along with a potential franchise QB in the second season.     I could see where some of them would feel that way.     Almost every fanbase is optimistic on opening day in a given season

This will be a close one, but I have confidence that the Buffalo defense can hold them under 20.    Whether Buffalo wins or not will depend on how well the new offense gels together.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inaugural balls said:

So his D is antiquated AND he's stupid? 

Last year on Hard Knocks he claimed to have turned down (I think) 7 offers to be in Cleveland; he was trying to make the players believe in the organization.

It just immediately wreaked of BS the moment the words came out of his mouth.  :lol:

Having watched him on all 4 episodes last year, plus what we knew of him already, I can say he truly comes across as a genuinely unlikable person.

• Like (+1) 1