Chung Indicted

H2o

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm more of a pepsi guy

it aint what i use to be though

Pepsi-Cola

now that was the sht

Mountain Dew back in the day .  Green ten ounce bottles down south back in the 60s .

Frosty root beer and and occasional  Orange Crush were the natural sugar rush god intended for us

That was enough for me and should be enough for these "ballers"

they just need a taste of the good olde stuff

1 hour ago, eanyills said:

I wouldn’t even say “baller” circles. Coke is huge in most nightlife and party scenes. I realize this is probably a pretty conservative leaning forum but coke is rather commonplace and not a big deal at all.

If somebody doesn’t think it’s equally prevalent among young and rich star athletes who enjoy the nightlife, I don’t know what to tell you.

Exactly. It's what weed was 20 years ago. Socially acceptable in the right crowds. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Patriot Way

involves drugs, hookers, cheating 

TB12 “method” 

and controversy to keep us interested

Just now, ToGoGo said:

Exactly. It's what weed was 20 years ago. Socially acceptable in the right crowds. 

what year was Hotel California recorded ?

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

Your probably wrong on that. It probably is about half the NFL blowing coke. But probably about 80% smoking weed 

Excactly. While the other guys are smoking weed to relax, the pats are doing coke to study film faster. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

it aint what i use to be though

Pepsi-Cola

now that was the sht

Mountain Dew back in the day .  Green ten ounce bottles down south back in the 60s .

Frosty root beer and and occasional  Orange Crush were the natural sugar rush god intended for us

That was enough for me and should be enough for these "ballers"

they just need a taste of the good olde stuff

I think crack is better for you

52 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Everyone does coke grow up 

Believe it or not, some people embrace a healthy lifestyle and are, indeed, “grown up” 

I don’t care what Pat Chung does. I’m aware that many go this route - rich, poor, athlete,  non-athlete.  That’s their perogative, though not my style. but being stupid leads to getting caught and indicted for a felony. That’s where the “grown up” part might want to factor in sooner. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

Crazy world we live in where people are saying coke is socially acceptable as a recreational drug and defending its use. I put coke on the same level as heroine. Abuse it enough and your destiny is a death sentence at a young age.

Edited by Bferra13

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Believe it or not, some people embrace a healthy lifestyle and are, indeed, “grown up” 

I don’t care what Pat Chung does. I’m aware that many go this route - rich, poor, athlete,  non-athlete.  That’s their perogative, though not my style. but being stupid leads to getting caught and indicted for a felony. That’s where the “grown up” part might want to factor in sooner. 

I believe it's important for everybody to be informed on the big picture before casting judgement on anybody.

Understanding the common nature of coke use in nightlife is important when looking at this case if you'd like to get past basic duality in your view of things. Just because you consider yourself healthy, does not mean that you are a perfect person in every other aspect of your life. Perhaps there is an area of your life where you are making equally poor decisions, and you look the other way because it is commonplace (lying, selfishness, etc.). Not accusing you of any of these, but giving you a thought experiment since everybody has a vice. Are you really a better person than Chung because you don't do drugs? Is there anything you do that's immature for your age?

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Crazy world we live in where people are saying coke is socially acceptable as a recreational drug and defending its use. I put coke on the same level as heroine. Abuse it enough and your destiny is a death sentence at a young age.

Socially acceptable is not equal to ethical. Those are two different arguments.

55 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Smell. All you need is a dog. If an officer has reason of suspicion they move foward with a dog. I have knowledge of the loopholes in this. Large family and friends in my circle that are  officers

What would be the reason for the drug suspicion? In the Chung case this was a situation where the police were responding to a burglar alarm. What would be the basis of using a drug sniffing in this situation? 

Edited by JohnC

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Excactly. While the other guys are smoking weed to relax, the pats are doing coke to study film faster. 

I think crack is better for you

it was natural sugar back then.
not the crap they use today

but yep i probably got a cavity or two from swilling it.

no question athletes fall into stimulants. even adderall. for cognitive function is abused

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I believe it's important for everybody to be informed on the big picture before casting judgement on anybody.

Understanding the common nature of coke use in nightlife is important when looking at this case if you'd like to get past basic duality in your view of things. Just because you consider yourself healthy, does not mean that you are a perfect person in every other aspect of your life. Perhaps there is an area of your life where you are making equally poor decisions, and you look the other way because it is commonplace (lying, selfishness, etc.). Not accusing you of any of these, but giving you a thought experiment since everybody has a vice. Are you really a better person than Chung because you don't do drugs? Is there anything you do that's immature for your age?

this is an interesting diversion to the OP intent. and of course easy to be drawn into he rabbit hole.

There are laws. some are more enforced that others.
there are indulgences

to what degree a person makes use of them can affect their well being and quality of life/
 i am going to put butter AND cream cheese on my toasted bagel. But i only have them once i awhile.

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You are comparing apples to oranges here. None of us, nor are any of the 99.5% of the population in pat chungs shoes. And then  you go on to compare selfishness and lying to a federal felony. You are free to your opinions, but i think you are attacking this from left field.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What would be the reason for the drug suspicion? In the Chung case this was a situation where the police were responding to a burglar alarm. What would be the basis of using a drug sniffing case in this situation? 

aren't these  State by State offenses ? The larger amounts, and trafficking are federal i might guess

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

aren't these  State by State offenses ? The larger amounts, and trafficking are federal i might guess

This is a local case. It originated from a response to a burglar alarm. You are correct that each state has its own statutes that are enforced. The charge in this case is possession and not distribution. Unless this case evolved into a major distribution case the feds would not have any interest in it. Again, this is a local matter. 

45 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Murder is socially acceptable.....if you’re in the mob. Hey! That’s how it goes.....

35 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

If you put coke and heroin on the same level, you don’t know much about coke OR heroin. Don’t be upset.....I think that’s a very good thing. Seriously! 

57 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

You are comparing apples to oranges here. None of us, nor are any of the 99.5% of the population in pat chungs shoes. And then  you go on to compare selfishness and lying to a federal felony. You are free to your opinions, but i think you are attacking this from left field.

Why is it apples to oranges? 

From a pure ethical perspective, why is lying or selfishness (an innate negative quality) not considered equal or worse to a man-made law?

Think outside the box. Left field is not a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If this had been Shady, or even any other Bill,WEO would’ve had him in jail already.  Instead it’s cops planting evidence, someone else’s coke, etc. You can’t make this stuff up... 

Poor doc and his Shady love--it will die so hard...

Anyway....I haven't mentioned any of the things you just mentioned.  You made that up--like you always do.

doc on, doc!!