Chung Indicted

H2o

38 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who is he hurting, CB?  

I'll skip past all the medical stuff about the harm he's doing himself and the moralistic stuff about him being a role model for America's children.  Let me get straight to the money.  You do realize, right, all the criminal activity - murders, beatings, rapes - that are funded by the drug business?  

Chung might as well send a check to Al Qaeda or the Taliban.   Neither option is any worse than giving money to the drug cartels.  

A)HUH? B)I doubt AQ or the Taliban take checks.

As far as the Taliban goes, Afghanistan produces OPIOIDS. Players can get those with one doc visit.

Edited by LSHMEAB

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You're thinking of crack. Which would make you the racist one. 

Truth doesn't go down well for everyone, but coke isn't a big deal in "baller" circles. Everyone either does it, or is around it. There is a reason my comment got 3 likes and 4 disapprovals. You either know what's up, or you don't (or don't want to). 

Thank you for seeing the big picture here. 

I wouldn’t even say “baller” circles. Coke is huge in most nightlife and party scenes. I realize this is probably a pretty conservative leaning forum but coke is rather commonplace and not a big deal at all.

If somebody doesn’t think it’s equally prevalent among young and rich star athletes who enjoy the nightlife, I don’t know what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eanyills said:

I wouldn’t even say “baller” circles. Coke is huge in most nightlife and party scenes. I realize this is probably a pretty conservative leaning forum but coke is rather commonplace and not a big deal at all.

If somebody doesn’t think it’s equally prevalent among young and rich star athletes who enjoy the nightlife, I don’t know what to tell you.

I think we are losing track of the point here. Obviously, coke is out there. It’s common in some circles, to what degree is up for debate. REGARDLESS, it’s still illegal, and he still has to find his best defense. Was it a little? Was it a lot? Was it for distribution? We don’t have enough details to have much of an informed  opinion at this point, IMO. 

I’ll just wait to see what he learn next. 

47 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who is he hurting, CB?  

I'll skip past all the medical stuff about the harm he's doing himself and the moralistic stuff about him being a role model for America's children.  Let me get straight to the money.  You do realize, right, all the criminal activity - murders, beatings, rapes - that are funded by the drug business?  

Chung might as well send a check to Al Qaeda or the Taliban.   Neither option is any worse than giving money to the drug cartels.  

Do rapes and beatings typically require “funding”?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think we are losing track of the point here. Obviously, coke is out there. It’s common in some circles, to what degree is up for debate. REGARDLESS, it’s still illegal, and he still has to find his best defense. Was it a little? Was it a lot? Was it for distribution? We don’t have enough details to have much of an informed  opinion at this point, IMO. 

I’ll just wait to see what he learn next. 

I was simply responding to the morality of it, which was raised in the thread, and I think is indirectly relevant. Unless Chung had distribution levels, nobody is going to come down hard on a recreational amount of coke. It’s prevalent and accepted enough for a slap on the wrist, even more so for a star athlete with the resources to fight it.

Edited by eanyills

2 minutes ago, eanyills said:

I was simply responding to the morality of it, which was raised in the thread, and I think is indirectly relevant. Unless Chung had distribution levels, nobody is going to come down hard on a recreational amount of coke. It’s prevalent and accepted enough for a slap on the wrist, even more so for a star athlete with the resources to fight it.

Within limits, I’m generally uninterested in what people do in their living rooms or bedrooms. If you are caught doing something illegal, you will face whatever consequences that entails. Obviously, a person with resources can generally minimize those consequences. In this case it’s not just legal, but also involves his employment. Time will tell. 

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL Squares? 

Oh my.  You obviously don't know many of the posters here.  

and FTR its half the NFL smokes pot.   

Your probably wrong on that. It probably is about half the NFL blowing coke. But probably about 80% smoking weed 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Not necessarily. Just because the individual owner owned the house doesn't mean that he is the only one who has access to that house. What if he allows his friends or family members to stay at one of his residences? Couldn't they be the owners of the drugs? You are making an assumption that holds no water from a legal standpoint. If you allowed a friend to stay in a rental unit that you owned does that mean that you are responsible for his/hers/their activities? 

As far as your backpack scenario that also misses the legal threshold for an arrest. What would be the legal basis for searching a backpack prior to an arrest? The burden of proof is on the police, not the individual. The individual in question is not obligated to say anything. 

Smell. All you need is a dog. If an officer has reason of suspicion they move foward with a dog. I have knowledge of the loopholes in this. Large family and friends in my circle that are  officers

If this had been Shady, or even any other Bill,WEO would’ve had him in jail already.  Instead it’s cops planting evidence, someone else’s coke, etc. You can’t make this stuff up... 

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 2