Chung Indicted

H2o

Just now, Warcodered said:

That's not necessarily the case Kareem Hunt wasn't even charged with anything and yet he's got an 8 game suspension.

He was videotaped punching and kicking a woman on the ground....

Also, they took into account him punching someone else at a club in a separate incident.  

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A PED positive is a "conviction", hence, suspension. If he tests positive for cocaine, he's suspended.

He hasn't been convicted (or even arrested?) yet.  The NFL usually waits for the court to adjudicate.

ok.. im too lazy to disagree with you.. i was just offering an opinion based on past practice . not that important to me to be factually correct.. 

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was videotaped punching and kicking a woman on the ground....

Also, they took into account him punching someone else at a club in a separate incident.  

and cocaine was found in Chung's house unless you're saying it magically appeared there or was planted.

6 hours ago, teef said:

guy likes to table ski.  he's an athlete after all.

never heard that one.
You Always bring somethin good to the table

er TBD
Skiing never worked out for me. expensive sport.

shuffle board and checkers is where i can hold my own

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

That's an important issue related to the case and police conduct. I have suspicions that there is more to this story that is presently known. It could be that the neighbors were not enamored with outsiders coming into their enclave to party or socialize. I wouldn't be surprised if there were prior complaints that put this residence on the police radar. The facts will soon come out after Chang's legal beagles get involved. 

this is where is should become more interesting.

For now it's media barnstorming for clicks. I might have to

edit add            Not sure we will see those " facts " depending on how much Patriots need Chung to play this year jk i mean it is old news isn't it ?

as that old fart says

"stay tuned"

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

His home alarm goes off, cops show up....go into the house and just find some coke laying around?  While he wasn't there?

Then this

”The rule of thumb is if the police are in a place where they have a right to be then anything they see is fair game”

How many players just called ADT and canceled? 

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I guess i didnt fully present my point.. based ON WHATS OUT THERE , it doesnt appear it will go to trial for at least a year.. hence my point.. he p;lays.. guys that did roids sit 

so a  felony should just warrant a proverbial slap on the wrist? 

A rich guy, who had his burglar alarm go off, had coke in his house.  Who is he hurting?  There are plenty of rich dudes I hate but this would be moronic to make them go to jail for it,  large fine, community service, and counseling.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The team doc is passing out heroin like hotcakes. Surprised he had a hankering for coke.

The whole story is ridiculous IMO. I REALLY don't care that a football player(or anyone) is using a rec drug so long as they're not hurting anyone.

I also think the cops should have just overlooked it, but it is what it is. I'm sure with his cash, he'll plea to a lesser crime and get a fine. Meh.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A PED positive is a "conviction", hence, suspension. If he tests positive for cocaine, he's suspended.

He hasn't been convicted (or even arrested?) yet.  The NFL usually waits for the court to adjudicate.

good thing cocaine is out of the system in less than 3 days .
while the weeds remain detectable much longer !

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The team doc is passing out heroin like hotcakes. Surprised he had a hankering for coke.

gotta offset that nodding off in team meetings

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and cocaine was found in Chung's house unless you're saying it magically appeared there or was planted.

Doesnt matter what you or I say.  The league won’t suspend a player at this point for that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Then this

”The rule of thumb is if the police are in a place where they have a right to be then anything they see is fair game”

How many players just called ADT and canceled? 

Too much missing from this story.  Like how they got in.

thry can’t bust down the door for a simple alarm run.  If a door was open and no one answered I imagine they can go in.  But their search would be limited to plain sight I would think.  If Chung had a Tony Montana office in his house he’s screwed.  

Otherwise it’s “cocaine? What cocaine?”

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A rich guy, who had his burglar alarm go off, had coke in his house.  Who is he hurting?  There are plenty of rich dudes I hate but this would be moronic to make them go to jail for it,  large fine, community service, and counseling.  

Who is he hurting, CB?  

I'll skip past all the medical stuff about the harm he's doing himself and the moralistic stuff about him being a role model for America's children.  Let me get straight to the money.  You do realize, right, all the criminal activity - murders, beatings, rapes - that are funded by the drug business?  

Chung might as well send a check to Al Qaeda or the Taliban.   Neither option is any worse than giving money to the drug cartels.  

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JoeF said:

Holy *****.  The Patriot Way? 

When a Patriot goes bad, its not just a gun at a traffic stop or some routine *****, its murder and felony drug possession..

Local news story:

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news/courts_cops/patriots-chung-facing-belknap-county-drug-charge/article_5a5335aa-c4ef-11e9-bace-b3c79e781566.html

Wow. He got the shaft. Seriously.

17 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who is he hurting, CB?  

I'll skip past all the medical stuff about the harm he's doing himself and the moralistic stuff about him being a role model for America's children.  Let me get straight to the money.  You do realize, right, all the criminal activity - murders, beatings, rapes - that are funded by the drug business?  

Chung might as well send a check to Al Qaeda or the Taliban.   Neither option is any worse than giving money to the drug cartels.  

Yeah, maybe they should send him to Guantanamo Bay.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Putin said:

Really half of the NFL ha ??

Statement like that could be viewed by some as a little on the racist side , 

You're thinking of crack. Which would make you the racist one. 

Truth doesn't go down well for everyone, but coke isn't a big deal in "baller" circles. Everyone either does it, or is around it. There is a reason my comment got 3 likes and 4 disapprovals. You either know what's up, or you don't (or don't want to). 

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Big distinction here, of course.  It will depend on the quantity he possessed and prior criminal history.  He could get up to a year in the pokey if it is his first offense and had a lot of cocaine on him.

Thank you for seeing the big picture here. 

28 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who is he hurting, CB?  

Give me a break.

Aren’t there some kids you should be yelling at to get off your lawn or something?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

One would think there’s not an urgency to beat the cops to the punch here

chung may well be suspended after an investigation but the nfl likes to let things run their course before doling out irreparable harm to a player/team 

im not sure the reason to be upset about that part of their approach. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Truth doesn't go down well for everyone, but coke isn't a big deal in "baller" circles. Everyone either does it, or is around it. There is a reason my comment got 3 likes and 4 disapprovals. You either know what's up, or you don't (or don't want to). 

Which go go bar do you and all these “ballers” hang out at ? 

• Haha (+1) 1