Chung Indicted

H2o

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My Pats fan pal just responded to my text “buh bye Chung” by texting “He’ll get a 4 game suspension.  He was never arrested...only received a summons.”

?

Big deal here. Me thinks he will get much more. Also, the feds will get a piece of him as well. 

1 minute ago, CardinalScotts said:

at the VERY least Chung either has a cocaine problem or is a dealer....its not going away

How do you know that he is a dealer? He wasn't charged with that. Just because drugs are found in one of your residences that doesn't mean that the drugs in the house our yours. He had another residence. Who else had access to the residence? And I'm sure his attorney's first issue to pursue is whether the police had the authority to enter the house? Did they  attempt to call him before entering the premises.

Police respond to house and business alarms all the time. They usually don't enter the premises unless given permission or there is an exigent reason associated with safety before entering a premises. 

7 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Big deal here. Me thinks he will get much more. Also, the feds will get a piece of him as well. 

The feds have no interest or jurisdiction in this trivial case. It is a local matter. 

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Without a warrant I don't understand why they were able to enter in the first place.

Alarm system was going off giving them permission to find the reason for the alarm going off.

If the alarm is going off they have to suspect a B&E and they have the rights to come in and find the perpetrators.  

It would kind of defeat the purpose of a home alarm if it meant the police couldn't enter and save your crap nor arrest the criminals ransacking your place..  Kind of backfires when you leave rails on the mirror and are not home

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Too bad he got with it.  He should have just used it all when he got it and in 2 days, he would never fail a nfl drug test and be perfectly fine.  Thank god these drugs tests pick up the one drug that is ruining this country: marijuana.  

46 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Up to 7 years for any amount? Remind me not to party in New Hampshire

The best part is a lot of the people who prosecute for cocaine love it themselves. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The best part is a lot of the people who prosecute for cocaine love it themselves. 

One of my counter parts in my last company used to be real bword towards those who failed their random drug screens at the plant she was out of.

Nearly 100% of the time it was with weed.  

We had a "2nd chance" program where you can still keep your job but basically on probation for the next 3 months and take drug/alcohol abuse classes.  You fail again, you're done automatically.

Anyone they got caught, she was relentless in randomly screening them.  It was supposed to be random but it was obviously wasn't, she targeted those who previously failed.  

I didn't work at this plant but I heard rumors that if anyone returned from vacation, the next day you're getting "randomly screened".

Well a few years ago, she was arrested for a DUI and cocaine possession.  The employees at the plant printed off hundreds of her mug shot and taped it to every wall space they could find.  I thought it was pretty funny.  The thing is, she wasn't fired and she didn't quit or asked to be moved to another location. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My Pats fan pal just responded to my text “buh bye Chung” by texting “He’ll get a 4 game suspension.  He was never arrested...only received a summons.”

?

Summonses aren’t issued for felony offenses. In Florida, we don’t field test white powder substances anymore. We have to wait for lab results and then file paperwork with the State Attorney, who in turn files charges. It’s more likely the scenario around his situation is similar to this. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree.  If he wasn't home, do they have probable cause to search whatever they want in the home?  They were responding to an alarm, not a tip.

A tip in itself would not be enough of a basis to enter the house. If there was a tip that there were drugs in that house that in itself would not be enough enter the house or to garner a warrant. If there was a tip the type of person (friend, inside source, family member, anonymous etc) would be part of the affidavit requesting a warrant. If the police got a tip it might trigger a surveillance with the hope that more evidence would be discovered to bolster the affidavit to get a warrant. With what is known this drug case is very flimsy. There may be more to the story but as it stands it seems to me that the police acted beyond their authority. 

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I mean....how much cocaine? It doesn't say. 

Hate to break it to the squares here, but half the NFL does cocaine. Was Chung in possession for use or was he dealing?

Really half of the NFL ha ??

Statement like that could be viewed by some as a little on the racist side , 

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

The patriot way. Illegal drugs, PED’s*(?), prostitutes and murder. 

But, other than that.......

I think they might be trying to get us to forget all the football cheating they do with the other bad behavior. Not gonna work!  

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Indefinite suspension...back after 2 games missed. 

Preseason, of course. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Something is off here. The alarm goes off and the police respond to the house. Was the house vacant? How did they get in? Were the doors and window locked? What was so suspicious about this situation that made them enter the house without permission? The police respond to alarms all the time. What they usually do after a cursory outside check is notify the owners, not enter the premises. Just because he owns the home doesn't mean that you can presume that the drugs are his. Does anyone else use the house? Something is off here. I wouldn't be surprised that after his attorney gets involved this case will be dismissed. 

Chung may have a bigger problem with the league than he does with the legal authorities. 

If he owns and resides in the home the contents are his responsibility.  Just like if you get pulled over. If the backpack in the back seat belongs to your passanger and has Coke the burden of proof is on you that it isnt you're Coke. Not on the other passanger. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The article indicates they had probable cause to enter ... must be more to the story 

It depends on what defines probable cause in that jurisdiction, but if I'm correct the involvement of a Patriot nullifies any action by the police.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

Really half of the NFL ha ??

Statement like that could be viewed by some as a little on the racist side , 

Cocaine is the “classy” drug.  It’s everywhere and since high class people do it, drug testing aren’t set up to screen it.  

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

But, other than that.......

I think they might be trying to get us to forget all the football cheating they do with the other bad behavior. Not gonna work!  

Preseason, of course. 

I hate the Pats but they have had more players suspended, including Brady, than us.   Can’t blame losing to them on that.