Chung Indicted

H2o

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

While I hate to defend someone on the Pats*, it sounds like he owns the home where the coke was found. No mention if he was in the home at the time, so I'm assuming he was not there. And since he also has a Foxborough residence, I'm guessing the argument will be, "it wasn't Patrick's coke". 

Actually a very plausible argument. If the alarm went off, then it can be argued whoever set off the alarm may have left it there. Of course, without more information this is pure speculation. But the details so far, don't look that bad for Chung.  Too bad (a little Bills fan bias there.)

I just went from midnight to six.

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

yikes. that isn't a simple marijuana deal. That's looking at some serious time... career-ending time.

Way off. He wasn't even arrested for it so it was a small amount. He won't get any time and his career will continue.

To whom it may concern,

The NFL has decided to reinstate Josh Gordon Patrick Chung .

insert patriot name here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

If you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out, cocaine
If you want to get down, get down on the ground, cocaine

She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie,
Cocaine

If you got that lose, you want to kick them blues, cocaine
When your day is done, and you want to ride on cocaine

Just now, Dat said:

To whom it may concern,

The NFL has decided to reinstate Josh Gordon Patrick Chung .

insert patriot name here

I figured Gordon was the one who set off the house alarm after he heard about the pre-party spread 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Something is off here. The alarm goes off and the police respond to the house. Was the house vacant? How did they get in? Were the doors and window locked? What was so suspicious about this situation that made them enter the house without permission? The police respond to alarms all the time. What they usually do after a cursory outside check is notify the owners, not enter the premises. Just because he owns the home doesn't mean that you can presume that the drugs are his. Does anyone else use the house? Something is off here. I wouldn't be surprised that after his attorney gets involved this case will be dismissed. 

Chung may have a bigger problem with the league than he does with the legal authorities. 

I agree.  If he wasn't home, do they have probable cause to search whatever they want in the home?  They were responding to an alarm, not a tip.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree.  If he wasn't home, do they have probable cause to search whatever they want in the home?  They were responding to an alarm, not a tip.

Unless there are more facts I would say no. Was there an open door or a window open that would indicate that someone surreptitiously entered? Did they hear any noise from the inside? It's not unusual for the police to respond to alarms. They have the ability to use their data base to call the owner of the property. If they made contact they would ask the owner for permission to enter or wait for the owner to arrive. 

If there was a legal basis to enter the house (that's an open issue) they can only examine what is in plain view. They can't go through drawers or open cabinets. For the sake of an argument even if drugs were found in plain view and they had the authority to enter (questionable/debatable issue) you still can't assume that he was the owner of the drugs because others (friends, family etc) might have access to the residence. 

The Kraft saga collapsed because of improper police procedures. I see that same scenario playing out here. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

These dirty cops following up on alarms!  How dare they?  I remember the good old days when cops would go out after work and defend the world from champagne buying running backs.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Unless there are more facts I would say no. Was there an open door or a window open that would indicate that someone surreptitiously entered? Did they hear any noise from the inside? It's not unusual for the police to respond to alarms. They have the ability to use their data base to call the owner of the property. If they made contact they would ask the owner for permission to enter or wait for the owner to arrive. 

If there was a legal basis to enter the house (that's an open issue) they can only examine what is in plain view. They can't go through drawers or open cabinets. For the sake of an argument even if drugs were found in plain view and they had the authority to enter (questionable/debatable issue) you still can't assume that he was the owner of the drugs because others (friends, family etc) might have access to the residence. 

The Kraft saga collapsed because of improper police procedures. I see that same scenario playing out here. 

Without a warrant I don't understand why they were able to enter in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Something is off here. The alarm goes off and the police respond to the house. Was the house vacant? How did they get in? Were the doors and window locked? What was so suspicious about this situation that made them enter the house without permission? The police respond to alarms all the time. What they usually do after a cursory outside check is notify the owners, not enter the premises. Just because he owns the home doesn't mean that you can presume that the drugs are his. Does anyone else use the house? Something is off here. I wouldn't be surprised that after his attorney gets involved this case will be dismissed. 

Chung may have a bigger problem with the league than he does with the legal authorities. 

at the VERY least Chung either has a cocaine problem or is a dealer....its not going away

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Without a warrant I don't understand why they were able to enter in the first place.

That's the issue. We simply don't have all the facts. If the police responded to an alarm at the residence and upon arrival they observed the door locks tampered with or a window open then that would certainly raise suspicions for the police. Could they enter at that point? Not necessarily yes or no. Is there some commotion in the house or not? Before going in after surrounding the house were they able to get a hold of the owner? 

Right now with the limited information I would say this was a questionable entry.