DaBillsFanSince1973

What is your all-time favorite interception?

Posted (edited)

you have any favorite bills int's?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 9

Mine is Matt Darby's end zone INT vs. Dallas in the second game of the 1993 season. It saved the game against the team that drubbed the Bills in the SB the previous season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Sept 25, 2011.

Bills fall behind to the Pats 21-0.

Bill have Firtzmagic and stage a miracle comeback highlighted by a pick six which bounced of Darius helmet in to hands of Drayton Florence who ran it in for a pick six.  To top it off T Brady was afraid to try and stop him.  The crowd was as crazy and loudest as I ever remember.  It was epic.  I broke the Pats win streak versus us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Nate Odomes overtime interception of Warren Moon in the 1993 Wildcard/ greatest comeback ever game.

2nd place, Leonard Smith intercepts Elway as Bill's score 20 points in under 2 minutes (I think) coming back from a 19 point deficit to win, September 1990.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sept 25, 2011.

Bills fall behind to the Pats 21-0.

Bill have Firtzmagic and stage a miracle comeback highlighted by a pick six which bounced of Darius helmet in to hands of Drayton Florence who ran it in for a pick six.  To top it off T Brady was afraid to try and stop him.  The crowd was as crazy and loudest as I ever remember.  It was epic.  I broke the Pats win streak versus us.

it's actually the first pick in this video.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

For importance, it has to be Carlton Bailey’s Pick 6 vs. Denver in the AFC Title game as it was our only TD in a 10-7 win. Close 2nd Place is Bill Simpson’s Goal Line Pick to preserve the Wild Card Win at Jets in ‘81.

But since you’re asking what my Favorite INT is, Tommy Janik’s 100 yard Pick 6 vs Namath & the Jets in ‘68 for the deciding points in a 37-35 upset, our only win of the season.

The Jets, on the other hand, went on to win Super Bowl III.

6DACB9BB-BA63-4386-9763-252EF8505D5D.jpeg

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

friends were 2nd row at a Marino-Kelly game, behind the Bills bench and wearing Fish jerseys

2nd quarter they started picking on a Bills DB, yelling "hey #(whatever it was)....  you suck, look at you sitting on the bench...."  for awhile

in the 4th he got his only pick-6 INT return on his decent career

the whole time back to the bench, with ball in hand, he was staring at my friends and when he got back to the sidelines he walked up to them and said "I *****ed your mother..." and sat down in triumph

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If we count a grab and run an interception, then there was a game vs the Raiders where Nate Odoms ran up to a Raider, took the ball out of his hands, said thank you sir, and took it to the house!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Big Sam Adams intercepting Brady and taking it to the house in the Lawyer Milloy game...

Followed by

Nate Odomes wrestling the ball away from a Raiders WR along the sideline and taking it to the house

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

my favorite that I was in the stadium for was George Wilson picking off Tony Romo and returning it to the house on MNF early. Loudest I've ever heard the Ralph. 

Thank god Dick Jauron and Trent Edwards blew that game.:censored:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Big Sam Adams intercepting Brady and taking it to the house in the Lawyer Milloy game...

Followed by

Nate Odomes wrestling the ball away from a Raiders WR along the sideline and taking it to the house

I remember that! Adams down the sideline showing off his combine speed!

a most recent favorite for me.

Tom Brady throws his 5th consecutive interception of 2017. Bills at Patriots 12/24/17

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

my favorite that I was in the stadium for was George Wilson picking off Tony Romo and returning it to the house on MNF early. Loudest I've ever heard the Ralph. 

I was at that game too and agree that it was the loudest I've ever heard a crowd.  That game was the best, and then worst game I've ever attended out of 100 or so games.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

David White picking off Marino in a game sealing win in Orchard Park

Honorable mention: Nate Odomes picking off Warren Moon in OT in the comeback game

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I was at that game too and agree that it was the loudest I've ever heard a crowd.  That game was the best, and then worst game I've ever attended out of 100 or so games.

That game was an absolute blast for about 59 minutes of game time. 

Ill say this... I’ve never left a game so pissed off as I was that night. And that’s saying something.

A Kelly-Marino game in Orchard park I didn't get to see because it wasn't sold out.  Kirby Jackson intercepted Marino with two Dolphins in the area.  The announcers were talking about how Marino was expressing his displeasure on the sidelines afterwards. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Favorite INT I saw live was Tony Greene intercepting a pass in the end zone and returning it 100+ yards for a TD.  I was a kid and don't remember the opponent.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nate Odomes steals the ball from Willie Gault on Sun night vs Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The best interception, and one of my earliest memories of the Bills, was when Bill Simpson intercepted the Jets to win a wild card playoff game in 1981, the Bills first playoff win since the mid 60s.

The Jets had blown a big lead, but were on their way to a victory, close to scoring.  But Simpson, with his second interception of the game, sealed the Bills victory with his great pick near the Bills goal line.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah, that was a great one....vs Brady which is even better. I still remember Dierdorf’s comment “ he was like a freighter coming in to port !”

• Like (+1) 1

Really good topic.  Congratulations, OP.  The one that immediately came to mind was the Matt Darby interception that sealed the win against the Cowboys.  The best part of that was that Jerry Jones was walking through the tunnel to be on the field for the "win", saw the interception and immediately turned on his heels and walked back up the tunnel.  Sweet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Kelsay’s Pick in that game might be my favorite.  What a game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

If we count a grab and run an interception, then there was a game vs the Raiders where Nate Odoms ran up to a Raider, took the ball out of his hands, said thank you sir, and took it to the house!

37 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes!!!

i was at that game

3rd row end zone where he brought it back

same end zone that James Williams returned a tasker blocked punt

that was my first ever regular season game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1