Dawson Knox Playing on Friday!

4 hours ago, Element115 said:

What if he's not as good as Sweeney? This board will explode.

I'd be perfectly fine with it because the way I see it, they are both going to be good pro's in this league.

I think they both have really good potential in being true #1 TE's in this league.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He looks like he has old man arms.

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm eager to see how he does.  That photo, though -- sure doesn't look like a TE to me.  Gronk has more muscles in one arm than he does in both.

He did 16 reps on the bench press at the combine.  Hock had 17 ?‍♂️

He had the 2nd best 3 cone time (7.12) and an impressive vertical (34.5). Also ran 4.59 40 at his pro day which would put him 3rd among TE’s behind Fant and Caleb Wilson.

He’s a gifted athlete.  I’d say average strength for his position with above average athleticism.  Can he play though?  Beane must think he can....

6 hours ago, Logic said:

I think Dawson Knox is going to be an excellent player for the Bills for years...

But it's hard to think of a name that makes me want to punch a guy in the face more than "Dawson Knox". Sounds like a prep school villain from an 80s movie.

Image result for 80s movie villain

Dawson “Stan Gable” Knox supposedly hates NERRRRDS!!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He did 16 reps on the bench press at the combine.  Hock had 17 ?‍♂️

He had the 2nd best 3 cone time (7.12) and an impressive vertical (34.5). Also ran 4.59 40 at his pro day which would put him 3rd among TE’s behind Fant and Caleb Wilson.

He’s a gifted athlete.  I’d say average strength for his position with above average athleticism.  Can he play though?  Beane must think he can....

It’s not his fault he had a couple NFL WR’s on the team and a so-so QB. If they had thrown to him more, who knows where he might have been drafted? 

50 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm eager to see how he does.  That photo, though -- sure doesn't look like a TE to me.  Gronk has more muscles in one arm than he does in both.

Not anymore...

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hope you’re wrong.  Beane has done a pretty good job drafting in his brief tenure.  I’d like to think they spotted something with this kid, and he was just grossly underutilized in college.  The way they went up to get him in the 3rd (plus reports from mini camps) gives me more confidence that this kid will be good.

I hope I am too. And I have a ton of faith in Beane & co they way they’ve re-tooled this team, but can’t hit on them all. I can get on board with “under utilized” in college but his lack of production is really jaw dropping. I mean for a skill position player who was actually on the field to never score a TD is just hard to comprehend. I’ll hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I feel like this guy is going to be the next draft / training camp hero that does nothing. Sincerely hope I’m wrong but I’m just not ready to believe that a guy that never scored a TD in college is all of a sudden going to be some game changer in the passing game.

Well considering he was a late late round 3 pick and has hardly practiced in training camp I don’t quite get what you’re talking about.  

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Well considering he was a late late round 3 pick and has hardly practiced in training camp I don’t quite get what you’re talking about.  

Well reading some of the posts around here since OTAs about the guy, you’d think he’s already been fitted for a gold jacket. 

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Well reading some of the posts around here since OTAs about the guy, you’d think he’s already been fitted for a gold jacket. 

Says the poster who thinks Knox will “do nothing” despite never seeing him play. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Get back to the playbook for a bit before bed, Dalton. Big game tomorrow. 

I assume you mean “Dawson”, but since you’ve never seen him play, I guess it makes sense that you don’t know his name.  

Listen, I have no idea if Knox is a game changer, a guy who will take time, or a bust... I just found it funny that you got annoyed people are excited for a guy they’ve never seen play, yet you feel the need to say he will “do nothing”, after also, never seeing him play.  

All we know is hes a high draft pick with top of the line TE measurables.  Let’s see what he brings to the table, no?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I assume you mean “Dawson”, but since you’ve never seen him play, I guess it makes sense that you don’t know his name.  

Listen, I have no idea if Knox is a game changer, a guy who will take time, or a bust... I just found it funny that you got annoyed people are excited for a guy they’ve never seen play, yet you feel the need to say he will “do nothing”, after also, never seeing him play.  

All we know is hes a high draft pick with top of the line TE measurables.  Let’s see what he brings to the table, no?

Chill out Francis. Sorry it took me about 10 seconds to fix the autocorrected name. This is an internet message board for a football team. I threw out a totally opinion based gut feeling on a guy based on almost nothing at this point. I said I hope I’m wrong. I’m just saying there’s been many times over the years that we’ve drafted a Dawson Knox or Shawn Nelson and thought our TE problems are over. I’m choosing to remain skeptical on this one till proven otherwise. That ok?

9 hours ago, teef said:

also, while we're at it...one crazy summer or better off dead.  don't get this wrong.

Well considering I’m in possession of what many would consider the sweet spot of chromosomes I can answer this with relative ease. 

Better off dead. But c’mon, if you’re going to test my 80’s comedy chops at least make it a tough one. 

My turn, original Vacation, or Fletch? 

Is he even allowed to play before he signs his contract? 

11 hours ago, Element115 said:

What if he's not as good as Sweeney? This board will explode.

Wouldn't surprise me personally, but if he's a seventh round gem and Knox is a disappointment, it balances out and means we have a good tight end.