Was the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams dirty?

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, dirty and illegal.

There are plenty of ways to have clean, legal, and relatively safe BIG HITS. The guys who have to use the dirty methods are just cheap and lazy.

Yep.  The game is tough and dangerous enough when played strictly by the rules. That kind of garbage has no place in the sport.  Landry should have been suspended for the rest of the year.

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

15 years ago that hit would be a highlight on "jack him up" on SC.  10 years before that all anyone would have said was "ohhh man".

The pussification of America continues.  

Back in my day men were men.  And kids worked 16 hour days in the mines before going to school because they were men.  And women had moxie and wore suspenders and smoked cigars and they could take a punch because they were men too.  Concussions hadn't been invented yet so football was played without protective head wear and there wasn't even a ball or points just 22 guys running around with clubs smashing each others heads open for the joy of traumatic brain injuries AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKED IT!!!

14 hours ago, mrags said:

Williams should have had his head up on that play. 

Heres a question for everyone that thinks it was a dirty hit... did you cheer when Brian Campbell murdered RJ Umberger? Because it’s basically the same thing. The only thing different is one of them we were on the hitting side and the other, the side that got creamed. 

No it isn't.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

It was dirty and a complete blindside hit that wasn't required.  The issue I've always had about the hit on Aaron that ended his career was the candyass response by his teammates. 

I totally agree that the lack of any response during the game was unacceptable.  Failure to retaliate is a sign of a soft team and soft teams very rarely get very far. 

Landry did seem remorseful and apologized to Aaron on the field and through the media after the game.  Looking up the play I saw that too.

Edited by BarleyNY

15 hours ago, mrags said:

Williams should have had his head up on that play. 

Heres a question for everyone that thinks it was a dirty hit... did you cheer when Brian Campbell murdered RJ Umberger? Because it’s basically the same thing. The only thing different is one of them we were on the hitting side and the other, the side that got creamed. 

Not even close. Umberger had the puck. The same thing would have been umberger's teammate taking out Campbell like that on the play. 

But yes, in todays times of concussions and *****, that would be a dirty hit now too and I would not applaud it. 

20 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Not even close. Umberger had the puck. The same thing would have been umberger's teammate taking out Campbell like that on the play. 

But yes, in todays times of concussions and *****, that would be a dirty hit now too and I would not applaud it. 

Scott Stevens delivered dozens of those, a few key ones to Lindros

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The pussification of America continues.  

Back in my day men were men.  And kids worked 16 hour days in the mines before going to school because they were men.  And women had moxie and wore suspenders and smoked cigars and they could take a punch because they were men too.  Concussions hadn't been invented yet so football was played without protective head wear and there wasn't even a ball or points just 22 guys running around with clubs smashing each others heads open for the joy of traumatic brain injuries AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKED IT!!!

Damn straight! (spits into Tim Hortons coffee cup..)

On 8/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

By the way...this is what Bryce Paup looks like today.

Related image

Is it me or if he grew his hair long he would look like a younger Meat Loaf? I'll need to look at this further. Let me sleep on it and I'll give you an answer in the morning

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I suppose that the above at least somewhat explains why he was such a lousy corner and a good safety.

Yeah he went from the worst starting CB in the league to an outstanding safety over night.   Just too bad he didn't enter the league in this era of "no leading with the helmet" his career could have been much different.     

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he went from the worst starting CB in the league to an outstanding safety over night.   Just too bad he didn't enter the league in this era of "no leading with the helmet" his career could have been much different.     

Oh I was furious when the drafted him. The team that picked after us in round 2 traded down and picked up a third round pick, along with a 1st rounder the following season. When he got here he absolutely sucked until the put him at safety.  :bag: