Was the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams dirty?

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

It was dirty and a complete blindside hit that wasn't required.  The issue I've always had about the hit on Aaron that ended his career was the candyass response by his teammates. 

I agree.  Who was it that was standing right next to Landry after the play and just ran away?  Jerry Hughes?  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree.  Who was it that was standing right next to Landry after the play and just ran away?  Jerry Hughes?  

Doesnt look like Hughes was nearby or saw what happened since he was on the opposite side. Not sure many players saw much of it since their eyes were all in the backfield.

Landry.gif

I dont fault any of the Bills for not immediately fighting on this one.

The Gronk hit on Tre, however, where Preston Brown stood by and whined like a baby instead of laying out Gronk... still gets me fired up.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It was dirty as hell.  Could have killed/paralyzed the man.  Wasn’t in any way necessary to make the block.

...thank God he had a better outcome than the late Daryl Stingley....and Tatum NEVER apologized.......lost a leg and his life as a result of diabetes....

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It was dirty as hell.  Could have killed/paralyzed the man.  Wasn’t in any way necessary to make the block.

Absolutely dirty and outside the rules of the game....if it was 1970 then its probably legal but that hasn't been legal during any period Landry has played organized football so I'm not sure why he would think it was smart to do that.

Jarvis Landrys' fine levied by the NFL was $24.309.00 for that hit on Aaron Williams, he was flagged, fined and was it dirty? Seems that is a consensus YES...the part that really ticked me off was he saying afterwards in an interview that KNOWING how the consequences were dire for Aarom Williams and his career, he is quoted to be saying" Ive put that hit out of my mind" as soon as the next day...THAT translated to me is "I don't give a darn wether a guy is maimed or not".....what kind of guy is immediately so dismissive of his actions..not even a tinge of remorse NONE...that's all I need to know about Jarvis Landry he is a PUNK straight up.

• Like (+1) 2

I look at it this way...........Aaron Williams was a dirty,  out of control player for most of his Bills career.  

He had more than his share of dirty AF hits until he finally busted up his neck by spearing opponents.

The Landry hit is technically illegal but it was hardly the kill shot people make it out to be..........Williams was just duct taped together at that point.........if it wasn't that week his career would have been ended soon after.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Im watching Hard Knocks Season 13 episode 1 where Landry is crying about his players being soft and my blood got boiling. F this guy!

Its so bad that i didnt feel much after watching the youtube video of his highschool sweetheart dying. Maybe he carries anger towards God on the field over that or something.

May she RIP. at least she's not stuck with this POS.

• Awesome! (+1) 1