Barnwell - Realistic 2019 goals for the NFL's 10 worst teams

Steve O

I don't think that what Barnwell said in and of itself was too unreasonable. 

If you think about it, it's not even that unreasonable to surmise that Buffalo will be one of the 10 worst teams in the league.

Not including the Jets on the list, though....that's pretty egregious. They picked 3rd in this year's draft, have a pretty bad defensive roster overall, and just hired a head coach with a career losing record.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I dont see the Lions or Broncos as more likely to make the playoffs than us

The Lions D-Line is amazing.  They are going to give people a lot of problems.  They are my surprise team pick of the year.  They signed Trey Flowers and Mike Daniels to the d-line adding to Romeo Okwara who had his best season yet last year, Damon Harrison who is one of if not the best run stuffing nt in the game, and a couple of Alabama d-lineman in Hand and Robinson.  They've got pass rush and run stopping strength.

If Kerryon Johnson can stay healthy they should have a good offense and (finally) be able to run the ball to help Stafford out.

9 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Ain’t gonna change til Claptrap and the Bean show us the baby.

This. Not sure why anyone gets upset at these..  We're a smaller market team that hasn't really done anything in two decades. 

Until Josh Allen shuts the analytics geeks up and we put together a playoff season, we'll always be on these lists.   Here's to ending that narrative this year..

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

The Lions D-Line is amazing.  They are going to give people a lot of problems.  They are my surprise team pick of the year.  They signed Trey Flowers and Mike Daniels to the d-line adding to Romeo Okwara who had his best season yet last year, Damon Harrison who is one of if not the best run stuffing nt in the game, and a couple of Alabama d-lineman in Hand and Robinson.  They've got pass rush and run stopping strength.

So you're saying Friday night will be a nice early "test" of the Bills' OL?  That's cool.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

If Kerryon Johnson can stay healthy they should have a good offense and (finally) be able to run the ball to help Stafford out.

Their division is so much tougher than ours though, which is a huge factor in making the playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

the only thing I can say to this and articles similar in context, as well as the naysayers on this board is that the bills have to go out, win games and make the postseason. being irrelevant for two decades gives any writer reason to be negative about the bills. hell, 9-7 and a post season game and breaking the 17 year streak, really, to those outside of the franchise, was pretty much meaningless. I myself was not at all impressed with a taylor led offense that could only manage to score 3 points. it was great to break the streak, it was just too bad the bills didn't have a capable QB to get the job done. I know, it wasn't all on taylor but he certainly didn't help.

no, I really can't blame the writers negative approach toward the bills. what I would like to see and of course I'm hoping along with all bills fans is that they go out there and prove all the naysayers wrong, that would be awesome.

until then, articles like this one will continue to exist.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

The Jets, who picked 3rd overall in this year's draft, are not in the bottom 10?  

They made the splash signings though.  Bell, Mosley, Crowder, Kalil - and they drafted quinnen williams at 3 who is supposed to be a stud. 

Pundits loved darnold pre-draft, and love him post-draft.  Everyone hates allen cuz reasons.  I dont hate the analytical look at him because numbers dont lie (except the 4% drop rate... that just seems wrong with benjamin on the team for several weeks) - but i do think you have to look at him and see that there was some development from beginning to end of the year.  

My biggest issue with the allen "haters" isn't that that they think he may not be a good QB, or that he may never develop.  My issue - They actively root for him to fail... so they can be right

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 3

So much of this comes down to whether you think Allen is better than Darnold or vice versa. I like Allen, but I always liked Darnold more, and I think Darnold is going to be very good. That's not to say that Allen won't be very good! But I think most observers see a lot more in Darnold than they do in Allen, at least at this point. And that's sensible. I also continue to strongly believe that the Bills loved Darnold and would have loved to have taken him. 

Bottom line: the Jets have their problems, but winning and losing depends so much on QB play/talent. That's why people aren't as down on the Jets as some of us here think they should be.

4 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Their division is so much tougher than ours though, which is a huge factor in making the playoffs. 

Um ... there is a team in the Bills division that regularly wins it walking away, making it impossible for any other team to get in except via the wildcard.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All I gotta say is Cash In ladies n gents. The general public view Allen as a Glennon/Bortles clone. I was just arguing with a Dolphin fan at work who saw Allen shred them in week 17 and still he feels Josh is a bum and the Dolphins quit at that point. ?

They have no idea how calculated, professional and talented this coaching staff and front office is. They have no idea they were by far the best pass D in the game. No idea that ST , TE , WR ,OL , DL , RB were all upgraded, some like OL and TE were heavily upgraded. 

Leave them sleeping , but cash in ! First time in 15 years I can say with my intellect and not just my heart - this Bills have the pieces to be a legit contender in the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

The Jets, who picked 3rd overall in this year's draft, are not in the bottom 10?  

Of course not!  They hired Offensive Guru Adam "Crazy Eyes" Gase to lead their team!  Didn't you see those prolific offenses he had in Miami?  The Jets are the AFC East front runners now!

:sarcasmoff: