This may be the final preseason game for Josh Allen

HOUSE

1 hour ago, BringBackFlutie said:

But I don't get it. What keeps you from being this afraid of week 1?  If someone gets injured it's just bad luck. Their luck is the same, whether you held them out of one preseason game or not, right?  You can be injured during practice, too. Should we worry every week that someone gets injured in a meaningless practice between games?

Uh. Chances of anything increase with more exposure. It’s not a hard concept. And certain situation lend more to getting hurt than others so comparing a game to practice is dumb. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I think it's that we're SO CLOSE to the regular season. We've made it to within one half of a football game from entering the regular season relatively healthy. Also, the starters often play for 2 1/2 quarters on the 3rd preseason game, as opposed to just a series or two in the first two preseason games.

We need to get on the phone with this Jabba the Hut guy this carbonite freezing thing might be a good idea.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Tyree Jackson for an entire half next week, not sure if I can take that...

Tyree Jackson may actually start and play the entire game.  I don't think the Bills will put Barkley at a risk of injury in the final pre-season game

14 hours ago, FLFan said:

I think it is likely to be Jackson for all but maybe one of two series.  If I was McD, I would not play Barkley at all.  They clearly cannot afford to lose him, as there is no way Jackson is ready to play a real NFL game if Allen gets hurt.  

I wouldn't play Allen at all. He's more important than Barkley

On 8/22/2019 at 7:54 AM, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Tyree Jackson for an entire half next week, not sure if I can take that...

Tyree might get a full half tonight on National TV in prime time.  Imagine that for the country to see!    I mean you don't really need to evaluate Allen or Barkley more than 10-12 snaps each at most.    

So with Tyree look for a bunch of hand-offs, QB scrambles and bubble screens.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

I wouldn't play Allen at all. He's more important than Barkley

Obviously.  I am assuming Allen will not play in the last preseason game. I would not lay Barkley either.  Sign a street free agent if they have to.  

• Like (+1) 1