What Bills rookie are you most interested in watching vs. the Lions?

CSBill

What New Player you're most interested in watching this week?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What new Bills rookie are you most interested in watching in Friday's game versus the Lions? Votes, and explain below . . .

• Chris Ford ... where does he fit best, guard or tackle?
    • Tommy Sweeney ... is he for real at TE?
    • Dawson Knox ... what is he capable of?
    • Ryan Bates ... were his PPF numbers a fluck or for real?
    • Christain Wade ... will the legend grow?
    • Duke Williams ... has he earned meaningful time with the starters?
    • Devin Singletary ... what is he really capable of?
    • Ed Oliver ... can he truly be disruptive?
    • Tyree Jackson ... will he show anything to justify keeping him around?
    • Other ... ????

I'm going with Duke Williams (I know he is not technically a rookie, but close enough). His signing has intrigued me from the start. This week will give us a big clue as to what the coaches think of him.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 4

I selected Duke as well.  His skillset and profile are so different from the rest of the WR cast.  Last week's glimpse was exciting.  The TD catch was outstanding.  I'd like to see Allen and/or Barkley throwing to him in games.  You may as well just cut him now if the plan is to continue having Tyree Jackson throw bad passes into his ZIP code.  If he has another outstanding game or better w/ Allen/Barkley, it will be very difficult to overlook him.

Edited by cage

Im interested in Bates.  I hope this one works out like the Hughes trade especially with the Morse situation.

18 minutes ago, cage said:

I selected Duke as well.  His skillset and profile are so different from the rest of the WR cast.  Last week's glimpse was exciting.  The TD catch was outstanding.  I'd like to see Allen and/or Barkley throwing to him in games.  You may as well just cut him now if the plan is to continue having Tyree Jackson throw bad passes into his ZIP code.  If he has another outstanding game or better w/ Allen/Barkley, it will be very difficult to overlook him.

Maybe that is the point of it.  If he can be productive with Tyree then he can be a HOF WR with a good QB.?

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I'm going with Duke Williams (I know he is not technically a rookie, but close enough). His signing has intrigued me from the start. This week will give us a big clue as to what the coaches think of him.

That’s who I’ll be keeping my eye on as well 

i would like to see Allen throw him the ball & see how he does against Lions starting D 

I picked Knox because we have seen so little of his play after his injury.  Actually, I want to see all of the new guys play.  This is a great situation for the team.  It's been a while since the team has had this many new guys with potential to start filling the roster with quality depth.  This is the result of Beane's approach to team building.  As for me, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the journey of this franchise to become consistently competitive.

• Like (+1) 1

I took Knox as well, with Sweeney a close second. Along with Beasley whatever tight end can be a reliable threat is the entire key to Allen’s success and growth which is the key to this team going to the next level. 

This team needs to be a deadly passing threat in the 5-15 yard range and that will make the offense unstoppable on 3rd downs