Le'Veon Bell wants teammates to hit him in practice to prepare for Bills D

StHustle

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets fans seem pretty high on their team, but most teams fans are this time of year. 

Similar to us, I don't really know what to expect.

Both with talented 2nd year QB's.

The only slight edge I would give them over us (entering the season) is at WR/TE/RB, but that's assuming Bell is Bell of old and i'm including Herndon, who is out against us Week One.  

We have a similar DL, better LB's, better Secondary and a better OL. 

I think they're right to be optimistic about their quarterback and probably their offensive roster in general. Defensively? Their cornerbacks are a mess, they have no edge rushers, and they're missing Avery Williamson for the year. 

Also, there's the Adam Gase factor. I don't happen to think he's a very good coach. I expect he'll have a similar tenure in Jersey as he did in Miami.

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets fans seem pretty high on their team, but most teams fans are this time of year. 

Similar to us, I don't really know what to expect.

Both with talented 2nd year QB's.

The only slight edge I would give them over us (entering the season) is at WR/TE/RB, but that's assuming Bell is Bell of old and i'm including Herndon, who is out against us Week One.  

We have a similar DL, better LB's, better Secondary and a better OL. 

Mosley's not a slouch - he is however overpaid.  I think part of what buffalos practicing is different combinations of spreading 5 wide to play to the Jets weaknesses.  Spreading wide like that is going to force you into favorable matchups with beasley and mccoy.  

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

You almost have to stack passing lanes against Gase offenses though.  Almost all the passes are really short - with the occasional deep shot.  

I wouldn't sleep on Robby Anderson , he's a huge big play threat. Deep and short, but mostly downfield.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Mosley's not a slouch - he is however overpaid.  I think part of what buffalos practicing is different combinations of spreading 5 wide to play to the Jets weaknesses.  Spreading wide like that is going to force you into favorable matchups with beasley and mccoy.  

Oh, for sure, but they have him and a bunch of borderline backups at LB.  Mosley can also be exploited due to his coverage skills.

We have Edmunds, the prototype modern LB, along with Milano and Lorax.

With Williamson, this would be a closer discussion, but I think a vast majority go with the Bills LB's hands down over the Jets LB's due to that injury.

Just now, klos63 said:

I wouldn't sleep on Robby Anderson , he's a huge big play threat. Deep and short, but mostly downfield.

Yeah - its just the usage in a Gase offense.  Crowder is going to see the most targets assuming he's healthy.  Anderson is going to see that - 100 targets with a 50% catch percentage type of year imo.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Oh, for sure, but they have him and a bunch of borderline backups at LB.  Mosley can also be exploited due to his coverage skills.

We have Edmunds, the prototype modern LB, along with Milano and Lorax.

With Williamson, this would be a closer discussion, but I think a vast majority go with the Bills LB's hands down over the Jets LB's due to that injury.

Yeah - we have them beat there, our depth is honestly strong there too.  I'm hoping we pass the ball the entire game against them.  Force them into man coverage - use Allens legs to buy time to make plays, as well as pick up some easy firsts.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The last time the Steelers played here, I was struck by Bell's running style.  It was extremely patient.  It was like he knew his o-line would eventually create a downfield crease and all he had to do was wait for it to happen.  That is not the norm and I doubt it works with the Jets.  He will have to adjust and be quicker to the line whether there is a hole there or not.  Otherwise, I'd predict a bunch of TFLs.

Bell is a true "generational talent," the rare RB today who would justify a high first round pick. Would've loved to see him with the Bills.

I'm under the impression that no preseason live reps and not much of a passing attack to keep the defense honest means a long opening day for any running back slamming into an 8 man box all day.   His best play is the screen pass, and our LB's at full strength are gonna eat him up.  55 yards on the ground, 40 yards receiving.  Bills win 23-13

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The last time the Steelers played here, I was struck by Bell's running style.  It was extremely patient.  It was like he knew his o-line would eventually create a downfield crease and all he had to do was wait for it to happen.  That is not the norm and I doubt it works with the Jets.  He will have to adjust and be quicker to the line whether there is a hole there or not.  Otherwise, I'd predict a bunch of TFLs.

I'm predicting a lot of holding calls if Oliver gets the penetration we're starting to see in training camp.  The line isn't going to be able to hold their blocks long enough for Bell to be that patient.

oh I can see this going over well

Jets' Sam Darnold explains what Le'Veon Bell misses while sitting in preseason games

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jets-sam-darnold-explains-leveon-023542063.html

"There are different things throughout the game," Darnold explained. "I might be feeling something and he might run a route a certain way and it could look different in practice than in a game, so there is a difference there. But again, we're not going to know that difference until we get out there on the field together. So far in practice, it's been great just communicating back and forth always and Le'Veon has been nothing but a great teammate so far. So, I'm sure that will translate on the playing field."