Le'Veon Bell wants teammates to hit him in practice to prepare for Bills D

StHustle

6 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I might be in the minority here, but I think Leveon is going to have a great season and I am not looking forward to having to deal with him twice a year. The first game might be a knock off the rust game but I think by October he'll be back to his all pro form. I also think it's the height of stupidity to hold him out of Preseason action.

I think the exact opposite.   I think both he and Antonio Brown are going to find out that its not quite as easy without Big Ben.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I might be in the minority here, but I think Leveon is going to have a great season and I am not looking forward to having to deal with him twice a year. The first game might be a knock off the rust game but I think by October he'll be back to his all pro form. I also think it's the height of stupidity to hold him out of Preseason action.

The last time the Steelers played here, I was struck by Bell's running style.  It was extremely patient.  It was like he knew his o-line would eventually create a downfield crease and all he had to do was wait for it to happen.  That is not the norm and I doubt it works with the Jets.  He will have to adjust and be quicker to the line whether there is a hole there or not.  Otherwise, I'd predict a bunch of TFLs.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Anyone think Gore could offer us some insight into Gase's offense? might help week 1

Gore being who he is will offer his insight I'm sure. How much it would help outside of the film available I'm not so sure.

Either way I see the Bills leaving the Meadowlands 2-0

The Bills still need to prove they can stop the run. The Jets and Dolphins always seem to gash us, no matter how bad they are that year. We haven't even played against true #1s in preseason yet, so let's just take a step back. That guy is a beast and should be afforded some respect in both running and pass catching.

7 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I can't wait for Edmunds to destroy him

I love Edmunds, but the guy has never been a big tackler. He uses his size more than power. It was a knock on him before the draft and I haven't seen much different up to now. I don't really care as long as he makes the tackle, but he isn't really using the hit stick. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I love Edmunds, but the guy has never been a big tackler. He uses his size more than power. It was a knock on him before the draft and I haven't seen much different up to now. I don't really care as long as he makes the tackle, but he isn't really using the hit stick. 

Oliver will shake the screen if he gets a clean run on him though. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Oliver will shake the screen if he gets a clean run on him though. :thumbsup:

Oliver is a monster. He has already shown that ability to beat probowlers and double teams. I have no idea how playing nosetackle undersized didn't boost his draft stock. 

5 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The Jets O-line is terrible and teams will put 8 to 9 players in the box. Gase also does not like to use only one back.

In the end, I think their team is going to be a disaster. Maybe even more so than the fins.

You know if teams put 9 men in the box, 1 of the 3 WR will probably be uncovered.

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The Jets O-line is terrible and teams will put 8 to 9 players in the box. Gase also does not like to use only one back.

In the end, I think their team is going to be a disaster. Maybe even more so than the fins.

Darnold is going to be good, I really do hate to say it. Jets and Bills will be a heated rivalry for a long time me thinks.

• Like (+1) 2

I've been all aboard the "Le'veon is gonna have a terrible season for the Jets" train, but you know what? I think he'll be alright. I mean...lord knows they've gotten production from guys like Elijah McGuire and Bilal Powell the past few seasons. If THOSE guys can eek out production behind that bad offensive line, Bell should at least be a 1,000 yard rusher.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've been all aboard the "Le'veon is gonna have a terrible season for the Jets" train, but you know what? I think he'll be alright. I mean...lord knows they've gotten production from guys like Elijah McGuire and Bilal Powell the past few seasons. If THOSE guys can eek out production behind that bad offensive line, Bell should at least be a 1,000 yard rusher.

Barring injury, I think Bell is going to put up 1,200 yards on the ground even after a year off. He's a great player. He will also force a defense to play honest giving Darnold some opportunities in the passing game that he didn't have last year off of play action and such. Overall though, I don't like their OL, their CB's, and their HC is worse. Gase might have been a decent OC (primarily because Peyton Manning can make anyone look good), but so far he has been terrible as a HC. 

40 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Darnold is going to be good, I really do hate to say it. Jets and Bills will be a heated rivalry for a long time me thinks.

I'm in this boat... I am holding out hope that he is horrible, Gase is the same he was for the Fins, and Le'veon is a shadow of himself.  However I feel like the Bills and Jets are on the same trajectory and as long as both QBs progress the Bills/Jets games are going to be tough outs.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

If Bell is only a 1,000 yard rusher, he better have 1,000 receiving as well or that signing was a failure.

5 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I'm in this boat... I am holding out hope that he is horrible, Gase is the same he was for the Fins, and Le'veon is a shadow of himself.  However I feel like the Bills and Jets are on the same trajectory and as long as both QBs progress the Bills/Jets games are going to be tough outs.

I think Darnold is already on a trajectory to being a great QB.  I'm not sure how Gase got that job.  He's not the QB guru he makes himself out to be.  From a yardage perspective his offenses have always ranked in the 20s - unless he had that Peyton Manning character basically co-offensive coordinating and playing HOF level QB.  

Then again - they almost hired Mike McCarthy... so they gotta be happy that they didn't do that.  

Jets fans seem pretty high on their team, but most teams fans are this time of year. 

Similar to us, I don't really know what to expect.

Both with talented 2nd year QB's.

The only slight edge I would give them over us (entering the season) is at WR/TE/RB, but that's assuming Bell is Bell of old and i'm including Herndon, who is out against us Week One.  

We have a similar DL, better LB's, better Secondary and a better OL.