Le'Veon Bell wants teammates to hit him in practice to prepare for Bills D

StHustle

Im looking forward Bell being on the receiving end of a couple "Welcome Back to the NFL" hits from our boys in a couple weeks. 19 months without taking on live game contact is a loooong time. I think it's a foolish move for Gase to give him 0 touches in the preseason. There is a thing called being overcautious. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27435439/jets-bell-need-teammates-hit-practice

I might be in the minority here, but I think Leveon is going to have a great season and I am not looking forward to having to deal with him twice a year. The first game might be a knock off the rust game but I think by October he'll be back to his all pro form. I also think it's the height of stupidity to hold him out of Preseason action.

• Like (+1) 11

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

I might be in the minority here, but I think Leveon is going to have a great season and I am not looking forward to having to deal with him twice a year. The first game might be a knock off the rust game but I think by October he'll be back to his all pro form. I also think it's the height of stupidity to hold him out of Preseason action.

The Jets O-line is terrible and teams will put 8 to 9 players in the box. Gase also does not like to use only one back.

In the end, I think their team is going to be a disaster. Maybe even more so than the fins.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The Jets O-line is terrible and teams will put 8 to 9 players in the box. Gase also does not like to use only one back.

In the end, I think their team is going to be a disaster. Maybe even more so than the fins.

Eh, yeah Gase never used one back exclusively, but that shouldn't mean anything in the present since he never has had someone as talented on Bell - on paper and on the field.

Jets OL will definitely make him not put up as great numbers as he did all his Steelers years, but good players can mask talent deficiencies on a roster. Bringing Kalil out of retirement could be a huge plus, compared to all those awful snaps Darnold received in his game against us (and others). 

Thinking that the jets could be worse than the fins? Come on dude.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

I am skeptical of Bell's being able to step right in and pick up where he left off--plus, he had one of the consistently best lines in the NFL in Pittsburgh (i.e., see James Conner's production last year). Having said that, I'm glad we get him in game one, as he will improve as the season moves along .... provided the Jets o-line improves. Honestly, he doesn't scare me considering the entire situation in NY.

5 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

He’s been on the shelf for over a year, he was out of shape for most of that, he’s shown he doesn’t care about his team, he no longer has a top 5 OL, top 5 QB, or top 5 WR to distract the defense. 

All that to say- I disagree. ?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

He’s been on the shelf for over a year, he was out of shape for most of that, he’s shown he doesn’t care about his team, he no longer has a top 5 OL, top 5 QB, or top 5 WR to distract the defense. 

He was out of shape?

6 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Please tell me you are the real Bruce Vilanch. I would love to know that he is a real life Bills fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

People bemoan too much hard contact and fear injuries, but there is a lot to be said about acclimation being part of preparation. Less so during the season but training camp / preseason has its place. 

That being said the real beatings will not start till week 1

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Please tell me you are the real Bruce Vilanch. I would love to know that he is a real life Bills fan.

maybe, maybe not but this guy is 

B5aBgvaCUAEyKiN.jpg

https://buffalonews.com/2016/12/12/6-famous-buffalo-bills-fans/

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with you completely on this.  The Jests are a dumpster fire.  Injuries, suspensions and lack of talent on the o-line don't bode well for them.  I think the Jests and Miami are in a race to the bottom of the AFCE.  I don't personally care which one finishes at the bottom as long as both lose a lot of games on that journey.