DC Leslie Frazier thinks NFL teams might regret passing on this Bills rookie

HOUSE

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was too. Popeye’s ran out of Popeye’s chicken? Odd, indeed. 

Yup. As I waited for my tenders, the next 4 people all got denied trying to order the sandwich. We commiserated.

2 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Yup. As I waited for my tenders, the next 4 people all got denied trying to order the sandwich. We commiserated.

From my experience, lives might have been saved! 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I want to see Leslie Frazier come up with schemes that get to the passer.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The design of the defense is very bend-don't-break and the sacks most often come from good coverage or 1-1 wins.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The design of the defense is very bend-don't-break and the sacks most often come from good coverage or 1-1 wins.

Right.  That is what I'm afraid of.  Wannstadt 2.0.

3 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I mean, now?  You've had TWO YEARS to worry about this!

It wasn't until last year when I really took notice of Frazier's 1990's style of defensive play.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It wasn't until last year when I really took notice of Frazier's 1990's style of defensive play.

Good point about Wannstedt 

However, we saw with Frazier that the difference-maker was the play calling. Not the design. McDermott showed him how it's done and the defense was pretty successful after that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

However, we saw with Frazier that the difference-maker was the play calling. Not the design. McDermott showed him how it's done and the defense was pretty successful after that.

Crazy that McD is that good. Frazier's been doing this forever.  Not often successful, but still.  For McD to walk up, take stock, and point out to this guy what he's been doing wrong all along, and get immediate results?  To me that's pretty impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah the Charger game.  Embarrassing.  That was a week after getting blown out by the Ravens; week 1 and 2.  My question is: why does McDermott have to show Frazier how to bring the heat?  The defense was blown out (21+ points) three times after the Charger game: Packers, Colts, Bears.  I don't think Frazier can stop the better offenses in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Crazy that McD is that good. Frazier's been doing this forever.  Not often successful, but still.  For McD to walk up, take stock, and point out to this guy what he's been doing wrong all along, and get immediate results?  To me that's pretty impressive. 

It was handled really well. A microcosm of the learning experience that was last season.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Their defense was trash the first 6 quarters or so to start the season.

Things turned around at half time of the Chargers game minus a few bad games the rest of the way(IND ***** on them, as did Jacksonville and NE on the ground) 

I don't think the defense is as good as everyone seems to think it is here. Still lack a pass rush and rushing defense is certainly questionable at times.

Agree, not sure how we got #2 DVOA ranked defense; it is a case of stats lie.  The rushing defense, at least, has to be much better.  People get down on the DBs for not being good tacklers...when the RB comes at them full speed after shredding the front seven, it isn't easy to bring him down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Both of this year 7th round picks, Tommy Sweeney and Darryl Johnson, are looking great so far.

That limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealing, wheelin' dealin' son of a gun Brandon Beane has done it again!

giphy.gif

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

Johnson starts to blossom and then college is over. How many times have we seen this happen. Who knows how far his ceiling is at this point. Need to give him a closer look with the 1st team. That was no 7th rounder on that field.

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Both of this year 7th round picks, Tommy Sweeney and Darryl Johnson, are looking great so far.

That limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealing, wheelin' dealin' son of a gun Brandon Beane has done it again!

giphy.gif

How much cocaine do you think that Rick Flair has done in his life?  Like most of it?