Would you trade a 1 for Zeke?

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

101% absolutely not ever

fat stupid idiot with bad hair

He is an outstanding player but he can't stay out of at minimum being around trouble.  

I would never give a first and have to pay him as the highest paid RB.  

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

He is an outstanding player but he can't stay out of at minimum being around trouble.  

I would never give a first and have to pay him as the highest paid RB.  

you may not have noticed my friend White

i want him nowhere near 1BD.

Because McBeanes , i can finally stand  on solid ground about Character matters to gain the privilege to be a Buffalo Bill

• Like (+1) 1

His own father said he wasn’t mentally and emotionally prepared to stand up to being an NFL star. It’s not the PLAYER that worries me. It’s the PERSON. A first round pick may be a crap shoot, but at least they are cheap on the cap. I LOVE his talent, but with him the gamble is OFF the field. Giving up the first AND the big payday sure would suck if he’s enough of a knucklehead to get in trouble again.

He should have kept his nose clean for a year, let the guys with ONE year left on their deals get done, THEN looked for the big deal. The fact that he couldn’t wait his turn concerns me in a couple ways. Jumping in line, and what happens when you pay him? 

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Absolutely not.  Got Shady for next to nothing, spent a lot of $$ on him and got nothing to show for it.  

Zeke is not a top 10 talent in the league - at best a top 5 RB.  Pass. 

Drugs are bad 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

No, not a first.

A third and a conditional, all day.

Then trade Shady, Gore, Mr. Peanut and then the last guy who jumped through a table for picks.

what about the contract he would demand ?

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Drugs are bad 

depends on the drugs.

on the other hand everyone gets an opinion or two.

the quality,  and or resonance of that opinion is subjective

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Sometimes the talent isn’t worth the trouble or the cap space. If he were an adult, then probably at the right price. But he seems to struggle with adulthood. 

At running back I already have a hard time paying ELITE dollars but can talk myself into it. But to add that risk of cap space to risk of injury and multiply it by rolling in a 1st rounder... AND further risk with character.

as good as he is, and as free wheeling as I think we should be with assets at this crossroads....he would test my willingness to push risk vs reward

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

what about the contract he would demand ?

depends on the drugs.

on the other hand everyone gets an opinion or two.

the quality,  and or resonance of that opinion is subjective

Extending the contract for Mr. Peanut? Good luck.

I hear he is SALTY!

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If they were to make a deal for Zeke they would have a star. They could turn around and trade Shady for a late round pick (say a 5th). The Bills have the most cap space in the league next year so Zeke’s contract is no issue. You’d take your 2nd round pick and something else to move up into the late 1st or early 2nd. There are potentially 6 WRs going in the 1st next year. It’s one of the great WR drafts ever. You can get a guy at 35(ish) that would have went 18 in most drafts. You can still get a number 1 caliber WR (and this is coming from someone that thinks that’s the Bills biggest need). 

Shady is a lot better than he looked last season, when he was being hit five yards behind the LOS every other play (seriously) - a function of a historically bad line and an abysmal passing attack. Evaluations of his play last season by pundits were SO stupid. On passing plays, he pretty much showed that he was still the same elusive, fast player as he ever was. He has been an elite, HOF-level RB up until now, and assuming that opponents aren’t able to send 8 against him every time he’s on the field this season (and assuming that a woeful line gets a lot better), I expect a real rebound in 2019. Assuming I’m right (admittedly, a big assumption), Elliott ain’t that much of an upgrade (if an upgrade at all) over what the Bills currently have.

Zeke from a talent perspective is worth a first rounder in trade.  He is also worth the money he is seeking.

That being said, I would not trade for him.  We already have a talented and deep RB room.  There is more than one way to be a top 5 rushing team...with a bell cow guy like Zeke, or with a talented committee.  I think we can be a top 5 rushing team with the guys we have assuming the OL comes together like we expect.  

Save the draft pick, save the cap space.  Draft one next year if we need more help.  

• Like (+1) 1

No way in HE@@. The only backs in the league MAYBE worth that investment are Gurley and Barkely. And I'm not personally giving up a first for either. Zeke is relatively young, but he's already got some tread on the tires. As good as he is, I want a game breaker for that type of investment. The position just isn't as valuable as it once was and the best years you're likely to get are the first 5. No chance.

Good question and a tough choice.

I am landing on no.  It is less the number 1 pick than the cost vs a replacement.  For 10% of the cost you can get 65% of the production.  Use that money for premier players at critical positions.  The ROI is not there.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

No way in HE@@. The only backs in the league MAYBE worth that investment are Gurley and Barkely. And I'm not personally giving up a first for either. Zeke is relatively young, but he's already got some tread on the tires. As good as he is, I want a game breaker for that type of investment. The position just isn't as valuable as it once was and the best years you're likely to get are the first 5. No chance.

Pssshhh, I'd give up a first for Barkley in a heartbeat. Gurley though? Hell no. He's Terrell Davis all over again. I'd give up a first for Zeke if I thought he was the missing piece to a championship. Sadly, he is not though. Then you have to give him 45 mill guaranteed at least. I could see him going to Houston, Tampa, GB, or Seattle though.