Would you trade a 1 for Zeke?

Why would you give up a first for Zeke, as good as he is, when you could have signed Lev Bell in the offseason for no compensation?  I'm assuming Zeke will want a contract similar to Bell if you were to trade for him.  Granted, Zeke is younger, but they are very similar backs.  

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why not?......they have a formidable OL despite injuries and illnesses....are you convinced he wouldn't be Demarcus II, who moved on from the Cowgirls and fizzled without the OL?...besides, his indiscretions are of no concern?......

He’s always been at his best in his biggest games. Look at his last 3 games in the championship year. He had 220, 230 and 246 with 8 TDs. He was, by miles, the best player on the field (including everyone from Alabama).

The Cowboys have been a totally different team when he is out there too. I don’t feel like looking it up now but it’s drastically different (saw the graphic the other day). He’s ELITE

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Why would you give up a first for Zeke, as good as he is, when you could have signed Lev Bell in the offseason for no compensation?  I'm assuming Zeke will want a contract similar to Bell if you were to trade for him.  Granted, Zeke is younger, but they are very similar backs.  

Fair point

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I wouldn’t..but it seems things are getting pretty toxic between Zeke and Jerry in Dallas just curious if you’d be willing to trade a 1 for him and then give him a contract extension 

Tell the truth....you did this just to get Kirby fired up, didn’t you?    ?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is fair. As someone that’s followed him for a while, I think a lot of it is overblown. It is still there though. I’m not that concerned over it but can see some would be.

I would take Saquan Barkley over him not because he is a better player but because he is a more reliable person. Don't misconstrue what I am saying here: Zeke is a great football player. When Zeke is on the field he drives the offense even more than their qb. I would have little fear in mortgaging some of my future for Saquan Barkley. But I would be very queasy about doing it for the more aggressive Buckeye socializer. He is the type of chap that whenever you get one of those late night or early morning phone calls the first thought that comes to mind before answering the phone is I hope it isn't about Zeke!  

• Like (+1) 1

Hmmmm, I will play along.  Dallas is on a bind with cap and the holdout.

If we could agree on a 2 year contract for say $30 million.  $20 guaranteed.

I would trade Shady for him and toss in a pick in the 3rd.

Thst could work for both.  At the end of two years let him walk.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I wouldn’t..but it seems things are getting pretty toxic between Zeke and Jerry in Dallas just curious if you’d be willing to trade a 1 for him and then give him a contract extension 

Nope, RB's are a dime a dozen.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why not?......they have a formidable OL despite injuries and illnesses....are you convinced he wouldn't be Demarcus II, who moved on from the Cowgirls and fizzled without the OL?...besides, his indiscretions are of no concern?......

He is a great talent and football player regardless how good the line is. His value increases because he plays behind that formidable line. There are a variety of levels of talent at every position. He is at the top or vying for the top at his position. As I said in a prior post he is the most important offensive player on the Cowboys. And that ranking includes the qb and the receiving unit. He is that good!

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I would take Saquan Barkley over him not because he is a better player but because he is a more reliable person. Don't misconstrue what I am saying here: Zeke is a great football player. When Zeke is on the field he drives the offense even more than their qb. I would have little fear in mortgaging some of my future for Saquan Barkley. But I would be very queasy about doing it for the more aggressive Buckeye socializer. He is the type of chap that whenever you get one of those late night or early morning phone calls the first thought that comes to mind before answering the phone is I hope it isn't about Zeke!  

Totally fair and would take Saquon as well. He has less mileage too.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s always been at his best in his biggest games. Look at his last 3 games in the championship year. He had 220, 230 and 246 with 8 TDs. He was, by miles, the best player on the field (including everyone from Alabama).

The Cowboys have been a totally different team when he is out there too. I don’t feel like looking it up now but it’s drastically different (saw the graphic the other day). He’s ELITE

Fair point

...strictly personal preference......he has two years left on his deal and thinks he's "entitled"...and he's been such a "good citizen (SERIOUSLY?)"...maybe I'm too old school, but I loathe that "it's me and I am bigger then the game" crap......put RG I 5/8 , Cam. and Kaep in THAT basket a s well as others...times are good and it's "ME"....a loss and teammates are "under the bus in a nanosecond"....eff them.....wanna see a class act (not one of your favs so noted)?...Josh Allen....humble, mindful and respectful of the game, realizing those who have paved the way to his financial opportunity.....perfect quote was, "this is OUR team and OUR family"...and willing to work his arse off on weaknesses to get better....

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Totally fair and would take Saquon as well. He has less mileage too.

The league has to address the issue of contracts as it applies to running backs. Under the current system the backs are discriminated against because their life-span is shorter. In addition, as with the Lev'an (sic) Bell situation there are backs who make up a disproportionate part of the offense because they are central to the running and passing game. Although Zeke's current contract is in force it is not fair that the current standard of pay applies to him and the position. The fairest approach would be to make the backs first contract shorter than everyone else because their football life span is shorter. 

• Like (+1) 1