Would you trade a 1 for Zeke?

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes. He’s one of the best 10 players in football and complete. The Bills could use a star skill player. He’d fill that role. 

Yep.  100 percent agree you make this move.

The guy is a monster and we'd get his 3 prime seasons then cut him loose....that's how I'd structure the deal.  

The Cowboys have a Dak problem not Zeke.  That's why they have this issue.  Allen isnt due for money for 3 more seasons.   The clock has run out on Dak.  

Our timeline and window is now.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes. He’s one of the best 10 players in football and complete. The Bills could use a star skill player. He’d fill that role. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sometimes the talent isn’t worth the trouble or the cap space. If he were an adult, then probably at the right price. But he seems to struggle with adulthood. 

These are both true...that's why pro football is so ***** hard to figure out and I am glad I am not a GM.

• Like (+1) 3

I don't think many teams would give up a one for Zeke, and I don't think he'd be valued as highly by another team considering Dallas' offense revolves entirely around him. On just about any other team, he's going to be featured in the offense but not as heavily as he is in Dallas. So with that type of situation, I don't think any team would give him a monster deal knowing that he wouldn't have to take as much pressure off their QB as he does with Dak. 

That said, I'm sure Beane and his team would discuss it if it got out there that he was on the trade market, but ultimately I think they'd pass because Zeke is, for lack of a better term, kind of an a-hole with an ego problem who likely wouldn't fit in well with the whole process here.

Edited by blacklabel

I don't know what people's obsession for a first round pick is.  You can have a pick that has a 50/50 shot of being a bust basically or you can have a guaranteed stud.  If I can afford it, I'm taking the stud.  He's also at an optimal RB age to give a deal where you are not on the hook for much money after 3 or 4 years and you get 3 or 4 years of prime age performance.  He runs great, he blocks great, he catches balls great, he does it all.  Not to mention if the pick is a bust you are wasting millions in cap on a bad player.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1