XFL Unveils team logos/names

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

OK, lets argue semantics about what people mean when they refer to "spring".  Yes it has a technical definition, most people refer to Spring as when the land becomes warmer, plants start to grow and it stops freezing.  Here, that's usually March 1st.  By the technical definition most of December is Autumn.  December does not evoke autumnal feelings in WNY.

You haven't been here lately then because the last 20 years or so, it definitely has an autumnal feel to it.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

What is the guardian? Some sort of sabretoothed lowland gorilla made from clay like a golem? 

Actually, you can’t get much more New York than that. I’m in. 

I was having a hard time placing the DC logo and why it made sense for the to be the Defenders and have the lightning.  Then I remembered the SAC logo.

image.png.67b47e2ceb7ded23dc388d146516904a.png

Just now, SteveFreeman22 said:

You haven't been here lately then because the last 20 years or so, it definitely has an autumnal feel to it.

OP had like 8 feet of snow in November not that long ago.  Very autumnal.

I like the Battle Hawks logo the most, so that's the team I'll cheer for during the 2.5 week season before this league goes under.  I'll buy some merch too, because by 2020 it'll be vintage XFL... 

• Haha (+1) 2

Some of the logos are alright (Roughnecks, Renegades) but the names are awful. IMO teams should try to make connection to the city somehow. The Wildcats, Dragons, Vipers? Those are so stupidly generic awful names.

Just now, jletha said:

Some of the logos are alright (Roughnecks, Renegades) but the names are awful. IMO teams should try to make connection to the city somehow. The Wildcats, Dragons, Vipers? Those are so stupidly generic awful names.

Yes because the "Bills" make a solid connection to Buffalo..... ?

7 minutes ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

And FTR, Buffalo over the last 21 years (1998/99-2018/99) has averaged 25.95 inches of snow in December.  The 21 years before that (1977/78-1997-98) it averaged 24.83 inches each December.

29 minutes ago, teef said:

the Dallas logo is a bit to close to the buffalo bandits for my liking. 

30 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's a dragon, UAB is a blazer.  Plus, there are only so many ways to represent a dragon. 

image.png.2ae47fec7aeb6f52146708eeb5b6ef58.pngUAB

I could send them a pic of my mother-in-law.